PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Help! Small crack in Screen, anyway to use on screen buttons with the keyboard? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=120042)

nbaj2k 05-03-2010 05:52 PM

Help! Small crack in Screen, anyway to use on screen buttons with the keyboard?

So apparently I found a small spot on the screen of my Touch Pro 2, then realized that it must be a crack since the whole touch screen no longer responds. I have insurance on my phone and am going to try to bring it to the store to see what they will do. Of course even though I never had any water damage, the pink sticker on the side turned red awhile ago due to a drop of water touching it from when i applied the screen protector awhile ago :( I'm hopeful that they will swap it out for a refurbished one and not force me to pay the $100 deductible as I was just trying to hold out until the Evo is released next month.

I know there are some on screen buttons for doing certain things such as the 'Send' Button for sending a text message. Are there any keyboard shortcuts to actually select 'Send' to send a message besides for the on screen button?

If anyone has any thoughts that might help they'd be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

~J

nrfitchett4 05-03-2010 09:26 PM

Re: Help! Small crack in Screen, anyway to use on screen buttons with the keyboard?

i thought they considered all screen damages to be insurance claims. how are you going to prove that it's defective?

nbaj2k 05-04-2010 12:16 AM

Re: Help! Small crack in Screen, anyway to use on screen buttons with the keyboard?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 (Post 1733323)
i thought they considered all screen damages to be insurance claims. how are you going to prove that it's defective?

I was hoping that wasn't the case, but feared it probably would be.

I'll be stopping by a Sprint repair center tomorrow afterwork.

Assuming that is the case, does anyone know if it is possible to send a text message without using the touch screen? I can use the keyboard to get to SMS, address it to who I want and type the message, but I can't figure out if there is a way to send the message without the send key. If I'm going to have to hold onto this phone until the Evo comes out, I'll need to find some way to do this.

Also, I was trying to see if there was a way without using the touch screen to open the Opera browser and type a URL in, since I can't seem to get the address bar to display.

Anyone have any idea if its possible to do either of those?

Thanks,

~J

SolApathy 05-04-2010 09:31 AM

I would suggest removing the red water sticker on the side & cleaning off the adhesive. If they see that they will mark it as water damaged & from there on in it's trench warfare to get anything done.

lansing100 05-04-2010 10:46 AM

you can open opera by holding "FN" and the left arrow key