PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Windows Mobile Device Center - The fix is in! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=120005)

SolApathy 05-03-2010 12:24 PM

Windows Mobile Device Center - The fix is in!

Alright, after installing the terrible update to Active Sync known as Windows Mobile Device Center for Vista/Windows 7 & spending many hours trying to figure out why it never works right I discovered the problem!

If you have any previous Email accounts in the phone that you use you must go into Active Sync on the phone and delete those accounts ( where is lists what you want to sync). Do not uncheck the synced items, you must delete the entire sync account to the point where it goes back to the screen with a tutorial on how to start syncing. The biggest culprit seems to be exchange accounts, but I just went ahead and deleted everything.

Once I deleted all the mail accounts, log in information, etc, I was able to plug right in & my phone was once again recognized.

*Keep in mind when deleting your PC Sync you WILL delete any contacts associated with that. You will not lose numbers you have added since the last sync. When you re-sync you will get the information back, but I just wanted to provide a warning in the event your sync does not go as planned.

Oditius 05-03-2010 01:00 PM

Re: Windows Mobile Device Center - The fix is in!

Didn't know it was broken. :scratch: I do know it doesn't sync with Outlook 2010 (64bit) it. So I stopped using WMDC to sync any thing on my desktop except Quicken>Pocket Quicken. :mrgreen: I sync my contacts and calendar with Gmail. Life is so much easier now that I do it that way. :headbang:

SolApathy 05-03-2010 01:12 PM

It's been broken since it came out. No one knew what caused it to break...At least until now.

If you don't have an exchange account it's less likely to break. But considering this is a Business oriented phone, a lot of people have Exchange.

DeMiNe0 05-03-2010 02:10 PM

Wow, Outlook 2010 doesn't work? Thats a surprise. Guess i'm sticking with 2007.

haus 05-03-2010 08:27 PM

That's weird. I had Exchange 2007 sync set up on my TP2, plugged it in via USB to a brand new W7 64-bit install, and W7 installed WMDC and everything worked perfectly. I use outlook 2007 which came with my hosted exchange account. I guess I'm lucky. Maybe it's a Vista thing, I never touched Vista.

Sprints700wx 05-03-2010 08:38 PM

Totally Off Topic : SOLAP -Your Advatar is Dope lol ..

SolApathy 05-03-2010 10:37 PM

Results 1 - 100 of about 27,000,000 for windows mobile device center problems. (0.29 seconds)

-apparently there are a few people that have issues with it.

gpzguy 05-03-2010 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oditius (Post 1732443)
Didn't know it was broken. :scratch: I do know it doesn't sync with Outlook 2010 (64bit) it. So I stopped using WMDC to sync any thing on my desktop except Quicken>Pocket Quicken. :mrgreen: I sync my contacts and calendar with Gmail. Life is so much easier now that I do it that way. :headbang:

I take it you don't mind it that Google is mining through all of your emails and contacts? Personally, I can't have that, my company security policies don't allow it.

chong67 05-03-2010 11:29 PM

I got Outlook 2010 to work with my TP2, but you must use the 32 bit version. Boooo!

Oditius 05-04-2010 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpzguy (Post 1733515)
I take it you don't mind it that Google is mining through all of your emails and contacts? Personally, I can't have that, my company security policies don't allow it.

No business through this phone. Company has iPhones and Blackberries. And 99% of my contacts have gmail addresses. And there are bots surfing the net for email addresses all the time. If you bought something off the internet there is a good chance your email has been compromised. :twisted: I use several gmail address for the types of contacts I need, I also own my own domain and use that address for communications between family. Even though I wish some family members would learn to use the BCC: feature. ](*,)