PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Most of US want an EVO.. but no 4G service in sight for most of OUR area???? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119993)

boredandtattooed 05-03-2010 10:33 AM

Most of US want an EVO.. but no 4G service in sight for most of OUR area????

http://www.clear.com/public/images/c...map/bg-map.png

this is the current 4G coverage Map... minus the newly added cities in Pennsylvania today/this past weekend.. if you dont live in one of these few states, then dont expect 4G coverage anytime soon...

will this impact anyones decision to get the EVO to replace your TP2?? EVO still has some seriously impressive specs, but like i said, Most of us Users will get the shaft on the 4G experience for a good while to come..

Spiderman313 05-03-2010 10:41 AM

Re: Most of US want an EVO.. but no 4G service in sight for most of OUR area????

Still will get one. Hopefully Detroit is in the future.

newkidd 05-03-2010 10:49 AM

Re: Most of US want an EVO.. but no 4G service in sight for most of OUR area????

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1732157)

this is the current 4G coverage Map... minus the newly added cities in Pennsylvania today/this past weekend.. if you dont live in one of these few states, then dont expect 4G coverage anytime soon...

will this impact anyones decision to get the EVO to replace your TP2?? EVO still has some seriously impressive specs, but like i said, Most of us Users will get the shaft on the 4G experience for a good while to come..

according to good sources, Sprint has thrown money into launching 4G in almost every market. most places that have 3G will have 4G put up by End of the Year.

plus honestly, even not having 4g, the phone is a baller device. with the snapdragon? are you kidding me? that has double the processing speed of the TP2
plus that map hasnt been updated. Midland TX has had 4g since November of last year and they arent on the map yet.

boredandtattooed 05-03-2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiderman313 (Post 1732173)
Still will get one. Hopefully Detroit is in the future.

youd think Detroit, or even Ann Arbor or somewhere in Oakland County would get it atleast.. Oakland County, a top 10 county in the US i might add, has a TON of fortune 500 buisness corp headquarters there.. theres lots of buisness in the tri county area, but we're not even slated with a target date

kaoss_11 05-03-2010 12:13 PM

i cant get it because of my old play from 2003. even though I have an unlimited data plan they wont allow me to get any android phone

Cicatrize 05-03-2010 12:18 PM

I'm in SW Michigan, so we probably will be one of the last markets to get 4G, but that will not affect my decision to get this device. The fact that it has 4G capability has no weight in my purchase whatsoever. It's the Android 2.1 with GMaps navigation, the 1GHz cpu, the 512MB RAM, the 4.3" screen, the huge camera lens, the HDMI out...I'll stop now. You get the idea. ;)

tahlsr 05-03-2010 12:30 PM

I'm still very interested in Evo without 4G. If it's reasonably priced I'm in.

TheBundo 05-03-2010 12:37 PM

Most of us want an Evo? Wow, I learn something new every day.

BBHOLIDAY 05-03-2010 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1732211)
youd think Detroit, or even Ann Arbor or somewhere in Oakland County would get it atleast.. Oakland County, a top 10 county in the US i might add, has a TON of fortune 500 buisness corp headquarters there.. theres lots of buisness in the tri county area, but we're not even slated with a target date

Really?....Top 10?? is that just your personal opinion? I grew up in Detroit, and tho its home, I beg to differ on Oakland County being top 10. Wayne county maybe.

back on topic- I want 4g too but Sprint never meets target dates anyway.

gTen 05-03-2010 12:58 PM

is that map of Sprint's 4g network or all wimax networks in USA?

That said doesn't it look like Texas is getting a bit too much love here?