PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 09:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

who? is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[Bounty] Rhapsody To Go: The Time Has Come

The Verizon 6.5 TP2 ROM supports Rhapsody to Go. I'm assuming the new Sprint version does too.

If someone can extract whatever is necessary from either or both of these ROMs to enable our wonderful chefs to cook custom 6.5 ROMs with Rhapsody to Go support, I'm offering a $20 bounty.

I'm sure there are others here too that are waiting for this. If you're also willing to contribute, please chime in.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

MidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to MidwestDrummer Send a message via MSN to MidwestDrummer Send a message via Yahoo to MidwestDrummer
Re: [Bounty] Rhapsody To Go: The Time Has Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by who? View Post
The Verizon 6.5 TP2 ROM supports Rhapsody to Go. I'm assuming the new Sprint version does too.

If someone can extract whatever is necessary from either or both of these ROMs to enable our wonderful chefs to cook custom 6.5 ROMs with Rhapsody to Go support, I'm offering a $20 bounty.

I'm sure there are others here too that are waiting for this. If you're also willing to contribute, please chime in.
VZW's Rhapsody support didn't have anything to do with their 6.5 update, although it may have integrated the feature. VZW offers Rhapsody as a billable feature with many of their phones, because they have a deal with Rhapsody to provide it.

I didn't realize people actually used Rhapsody. I can't imagine that there are many that do.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

There is a difference between Rhapsody To Go and Rhapsody's feature through Verizon. The feature through Verizon is simply a pay per track service. Yawn.

Rhapsody To Go, on the other hand, is a subscription service where you pay a flat fee and are able to download anything in Rhapsody's catalog to any compatible device. To be a compatible device, Rhapsody has to recognize your device as one that can accept protected WMA content. WM6.0 and WM6.1 were such compatible devices. (The only reason I chose WinMo in the first place was due to Rhapsody compatibility).

However, Rhapsody does not recognize phones with WM6.5 cooked ROMs as able to accept and recognize protected WMA content. Before official 6.5 ROMs came out, it was an open question whether this was because 6.5 was completely incapable of being recognized by Rhapsody, or whether the cooked ROMs were missing something.

Apparently, when Verizon's official 6.5 ROM was released, those that flashed it said that Rhapsody accepted devices with those ROMs as compatible with RTG. It seems that no one has checked on Sprint yet, but that shouldn't be necessary assuming the the VZW 6.5 ROM is compatible.

Therefore, there is something in the Verizon 6.5 ROM that is NOT being cooked into custom 6.5 ROMs. All I'm asking is for someone to figure it out and enable it to be cooked in.

I understand that there are not tons of Rhapsody subscribers. This is why I am offering a bounty, and also asking anyone else who also wants an answer to provide a bounty as well to further encourage this.

I don't think this is too difficult to figure out. Even if a chef or a developer isn't a Rhapsody subscriber, Rhapsody offers a 14 day free trial of RTG, so they have all the tools they need at no cost to them. http://learn.rhapsody.com/plans/togo

Last edited by who?; 03-20-2010 at 05:16 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: ATT

dewt is a n00b

Why wouldn't you just use Groovefish?
Old 03-20-2010, 06:23 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestdrummer View Post
vzw's rhapsody support didn't have anything to do with their 6.5 update, although it may have integrated the feature. Vzw offers rhapsody as a billable feature with many of their phones, because they have a deal with rhapsody to provide it.

I didn't realize people actually used rhapsody. I can't imagine that there are many that do.
many people use rhapsody. Who provided all the details up above.
Google is the next skynet
Old 03-20-2010, 06:34 PM
adam12

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestDrummer View Post
VZW's Rhapsody support didn't have anything to do with their 6.5 update, although it may have integrated the feature. VZW offers Rhapsody as a billable feature with many of their phones, because they have a deal with Rhapsody to provide it.

I didn't realize people actually used Rhapsody. I can't imagine that there are many that do.
I love RTG! I use it on my Sprint TP2 with the new 6.5 rom. It uses the DRM of the ms media player iirc.

It is an awesome value,
Old 03-20-2010, 07:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Flash_C4 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam12 View Post
I love RTG! I use it on my Sprint TP2 with the new 6.5 rom. It uses the DRM of the ms media player iirc.

It is an awesome value,
I've used it for several years with various Winmo phones and several Sansa devices and I love it but what is very frustrating is that they have never came out with a Winmo client like they now have for the iPhone and Android. I think they scrapped the latest effort when Microsoft made their initial announcements about Winmo 7. Why put the effort into something that will be obsolete and unable to run on 7.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:50 AM
adam12

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I also used it on my mogul and touch pro
Old 03-22-2010, 01:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewt View Post
Why wouldn't you just use Groovefish?
You've clearly never used Rhapsody. Its catalog is far superior to Groovefish's.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

freekboy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam12 View Post

It is an awesome value,
Did you have to do anything to enable support? My DRM songs won't play after upgrading. I even reauthenticated the card they're on without success. After upgrading, can you let me know what you did to get things to work? Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2