PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Most of US want an EVO.. but no 4G service in sight for most of OUR area????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
http://phandroid.com/2010/05/05/spri...s-this-summer/

Check it out, Li. Your city is on there. Lucky bastards.

Grand Rapids is on there for me, but that's an hour north of here. Grrrr.
Wohoo... Nashville with 4G FTW!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo

racemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuff
Re: Most of US want an EVO.. but no 4G service in sight for most of OUR area????

My question is this, will the Evo be compatable with LTE if clearwire chooses to switch to that route. They are similar technologies so yea, it makes me wonder.

Story about the potential switch here
Old 05-07-2010, 04:40 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by racemepls View Post
My question is this, will the Evo be compatable with LTE if clearwire chooses to switch to that route. They are similar technologies so yea, it makes me wonder.

Story about the potential switch here
i don't see them switching that soon to make it an issue. there are already some big investment partners like motorola on board for wimax2 so I think it will be here for awhile.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

thecalip is just getting started

I live in a 4G area, but sadly, as soon as I step into my building, I don't get any service from Sprint. WTF.........
Old 05-07-2010, 05:57 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

Humm curious... its in my state right down the road.... i wonder since verizon out here hope sprint towers if I can get 4g.......

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:33 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecalip View Post
I live in a 4G area, but sadly, as soon as I step into my building, I don't get any service from Sprint. WTF.........
i have that trouble sometimes with my 4g usb stick. some areas inside work well, some no signal at all. at home, I guess I got lucky with the location of my 4g router because I get a consistent 4-5 lights on it (out of 5 lights).
Old 05-07-2010, 10:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907

Even if it didn't have 4G I would still get it. The specs alone outweigh almost any other phone, even without the 4G. The screen, the cameras, and the size do it for me alone. I'll take one please.

^that is when I miraculously switch to Sprint

Don't click me
Old 05-08-2010, 04:21 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasez View Post
I live in the technological wilderness of Texas. Specifically, Lubbock Texas. We finally got EVDO in December 2009 after suffering with 1xrtt for all these years. Dial up speeds were all we got until December.
We also got 4G wimax in March. Don't ask me why we finally got on the front end instead of the south end of the north bound mule end of technology.
I am hoping the people who have 4G will be given preference when the EVO finally goes on sale. Lets us work out the bugs on 4G before you get 4G in your area. I left Sero to get the EVO.
I'm in Lubbock. I don't know if I can leave SERO to get the evo...
Old 05-08-2010, 09:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 w/ EnergyRom

Ikonic is becoming a great contributor

Im in NYC so i dont have that problem lol. i nvr have any issues like that. but I want to get the evo but i dont wanna go to android i like winmo. but i love the phone. i wanted the HD2 cuz of that. too bad its only for tmobile

Old 05-09-2010, 02:22 AM
Volunteer Newsie
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

glittler is becoming a great contributor
Wirelessly posted (Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

I'm still getting an EVO, 4g should be coming to the SLC by summers end and I'll be cruising in the fast lane

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2