PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   TP2 Can no longer make or receive calls! HELP! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119984)

drnick5 05-03-2010 09:32 AM

TP2 Can no longer make or receive calls! HELP!

Hey guys,

I have a Toucb pro 2 on sprint, have had it for about 6-8 months (Sprint replaced my original Touch pro with the TP2 after I complained enough)

Last night I got a phone call and attempted to answer it, it showed the call as "connected" and started counting, but I couldn't hear anything. I ended the call and attempted to call the person back, again, it says "connected" and starts the counter but I still can't hear anything.

I tried flashing back to stock rom, updating the profile, pri... nothing. I tried numerous clear storage with no luck.

Data and text seem to be working just fine! any ideas on what I can try? I hav insurance on this phone but I'm not gonna pay the $100 deductible with the Evo coming out in a month or so. this phone is technically till under its 1 year warranty as well.

any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
-Nick

darren.wlsn1 05-03-2010 09:35 AM

Re: TP2 Can no longer make or receive calls! HELP!

Quote:

Originally Posted by drnick5 (Post 1732083)
Hey guys,

I have a Toucb pro 2 on sprint, have had it for about 6-8 months (Sprint replaced my original Touch pro with the TP2 after I complained enough)

Last night I got a phone call and attempted to answer it, it showed the call as "connected" and started counting, but I couldn't hear anything. I ended the call and attempted to call the person back, again, it says "connected" and starts the counter but I still can't hear anything.

I tried flashing back to stock rom, updating the profile, pri... nothing. I tried numerous clear storage with no luck.

Data and text seem to be working just fine! any ideas on what I can try? I hav insurance on this phone but I'm not gonna pay the $100 deductible with the Evo coming out in a month or so. this phone is technically till under its 1 year warranty as well.

any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
-Nick

what rom and any tweaks for"data disconnect"? i would hardreset/clearstorage then run your backup.

boredandtattooed 05-03-2010 09:39 AM

i dont know a fix off hand.. but you wont need to pay a deductable... just take it to a store and theyll repair or replace it for you...

insurance deductables/claims are for 4 reason ONLY - water damage, broken/damaged(dropped, screen break, etc), lost, or stolen.. thats it... if anyones device doesnt fall into one of those 4 specific categories, then you take the device to the Carrier always.. assuming one has TEP insurance...

so, restore everything to stock.. take it to a store and theyll take care of ya... no need to go through insurance AT ALL

drnick5 05-03-2010 10:36 AM

thanks for the help, gonna bring this to a sprint store and see what they can do

boredandtattooed 05-03-2010 10:43 AM

no prb... shouldnt have an issue there at the store

rafman 05-03-2010 11:16 AM

i have the same problem its stuck in headphone mode i see the headphone in the top corner its like a wired headphone icon. i can only talk to people with the bluetooth. they cant hear me and i cant hear them if i just use the phone

dallas contractor 05-03-2010 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rafman (Post 1732247)
i have the same problem its stuck in headphone mode i see the headphone in the top corner its like a wired headphone icon. i can only talk to people with the bluetooth. they cant hear me and i cant hear them if i just use the phone

Try turning off BT in Comm settings.

BBHOLIDAY 05-03-2010 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drnick5 (Post 1732160)
thanks for the help, gonna bring this to a sprint store and see what they can do

Please post your experience at the sprint store.

drtnsnw1 05-03-2010 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallas contractor (Post 1732332)
Try turning off BT in Comm settings.

I had that happen once, had to soft reset it to get it to work

Chris

gmfeny 05-03-2010 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rafman (Post 1732247)

This happened to me on saturday. I couldnt hear any sound when I made/recieved calls and then I noticed the headset icon. I soft reset my phone and it didnt work so I did a hard reset and that didnt work. So then I blew inside the headphone input as hard as I could a few times and it fixed it. The icon went away and I could hear my calls!