PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2010, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

sl8763 is keeping up the good worksl8763 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 not automatically turning off?

Hey all,

My TP2 seems to have a weird problem where it refuses to shut off by itself after being idle. No matter what I change the timeout settings to in Start -> Settings -> System -> Power, the phone will stay on. If I check the Task Manager, nothing is running.

The weird thing is that it seems to obey the screen dim timeout, but not the device shutoff. So even if I set it to dim 30 secs, shut off after 1 minute, 5 minutes later I'll still be looking at a phone that's dimmed but on.

Running stock Sprint 6.5 ROM. Nothing crazy installed - if I look at my list, the only ones that would seem to affect the OS would be:

tarkim Keyboard Controller
HTC Taskmanager
Co0kie's Home Tab
Santod Mods B4all 2.5.2011 TEST1
Q-Mobile TP2 Battery Update Sprint USA
tsowen taskbar

To my knowledge, all of these are stable and have no conflicts. I can provide my complete list of installed apps if that would help diagnose. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
Old 05-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: TP2 not automatically turning off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl8763 View Post
Hey all,

My TP2 seems to have a weird problem where it refuses to shut off by itself after being idle. No matter what I change the timeout settings to in Start -> Settings -> System -> Power, the phone will stay on. If I check the Task Manager, nothing is running.

The weird thing is that it seems to obey the screen dim timeout, but not the device shutoff. So even if I set it to dim 30 secs, shut off after 1 minute, 5 minutes later I'll still be looking at a phone that's dimmed but on.

Running stock Sprint 6.5 ROM. Nothing crazy installed - if I look at my list, the only ones that would seem to affect the OS would be:

tarkim Keyboard Controller
HTC Taskmanager
Co0kie's Home Tab
Santod Mods B4all 2.5.2011 TEST1
Q-Mobile TP2 Battery Update Sprint USA
tsowen taskbar

To my knowledge, all of these are stable and have no conflicts. I can provide my complete list of installed apps if that would help diagnose. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
best thing I would recommend is a hard reset and install 1 program at a time see if that is the problem.

Last edited by Wesley762; 05-02-2010 at 10:36 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO 500

tracerit is becoming a great contributor

this happens intermittently for me. i just do a soft reset.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: MTN

Pieterleroux is a n00b
TP2 turning off unexpectedly

I have the opposite problem.

My touch pro 2 keeps shutting down unexpectedly for no reason, even when battery is full and power settings are set NOT to turn off automatically. does anyone know what causes this and how it can be resolved. Upgraded to windows mobile 6.5 but it still does the same thing,

I now have to keep checking every couple of mnutes to see if my phone is still on or if I am just having an extremely quiet day all of a sudden. This shut down behaviour means that I miss important calls especially from clients.

Last edited by Pieterleroux; 05-03-2010 at 07:14 AM. Reason: change the title
Old 05-03-2010, 09:16 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

OP- what task manager are you using?? because the stock one doesnt tell you everything thats running... try either of these to see more processes
Attached Files
File Type: zip TaskMgr.zip (203.6 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab ArkSwitch_v1_1_4.CAB (90.0 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2