PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   TP2 not automatically turning off? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119943)

sl8763 05-02-2010 10:09 PM

TP2 not automatically turning off?

Hey all,

My TP2 seems to have a weird problem where it refuses to shut off by itself after being idle. No matter what I change the timeout settings to in Start -> Settings -> System -> Power, the phone will stay on. If I check the Task Manager, nothing is running.

The weird thing is that it seems to obey the screen dim timeout, but not the device shutoff. So even if I set it to dim 30 secs, shut off after 1 minute, 5 minutes later I'll still be looking at a phone that's dimmed but on.

Running stock Sprint 6.5 ROM. Nothing crazy installed - if I look at my list, the only ones that would seem to affect the OS would be:

tarkim Keyboard Controller
HTC Taskmanager
Co0kie's Home Tab
Santod Mods B4all 2.5.2011 TEST1
Q-Mobile TP2 Battery Update Sprint USA
tsowen taskbar

To my knowledge, all of these are stable and have no conflicts. I can provide my complete list of installed apps if that would help diagnose. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Wesley762 05-02-2010 10:24 PM

Re: TP2 not automatically turning off?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sl8763 (Post 1731550)
Hey all,

My TP2 seems to have a weird problem where it refuses to shut off by itself after being idle. No matter what I change the timeout settings to in Start -> Settings -> System -> Power, the phone will stay on. If I check the Task Manager, nothing is running.

The weird thing is that it seems to obey the screen dim timeout, but not the device shutoff. So even if I set it to dim 30 secs, shut off after 1 minute, 5 minutes later I'll still be looking at a phone that's dimmed but on.

Running stock Sprint 6.5 ROM. Nothing crazy installed - if I look at my list, the only ones that would seem to affect the OS would be:

tarkim Keyboard Controller
HTC Taskmanager
Co0kie's Home Tab
Santod Mods B4all 2.5.2011 TEST1
Q-Mobile TP2 Battery Update Sprint USA
tsowen taskbar

To my knowledge, all of these are stable and have no conflicts. I can provide my complete list of installed apps if that would help diagnose. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

best thing I would recommend is a hard reset and install 1 program at a time see if that is the problem.

tracerit 05-02-2010 10:50 PM

this happens intermittently for me. i just do a soft reset.

Pieterleroux 05-03-2010 07:12 AM

TP2 turning off unexpectedly

I have the opposite problem.

My touch pro 2 keeps shutting down unexpectedly for no reason, even when battery is full and power settings are set NOT to turn off automatically. does anyone know what causes this and how it can be resolved. Upgraded to windows mobile 6.5 but it still does the same thing,

I now have to keep checking every couple of mnutes to see if my phone is still on or if I am just having an extremely quiet day all of a sudden. This shut down behaviour means that I miss important calls especially from clients.

boredandtattooed 05-03-2010 09:16 AM

2 Attachment(s)
OP- what task manager are you using?? because the stock one doesnt tell you everything thats running... try either of these to see more processes