PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Switched to Incredible, switching back to TP2 (for now?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxl180 View Post
the only issue for me would be wifi tethering... and the EVO has it.
Yes, does it tether? PDAnet or otherwise? I have heard PDAnet works...
Old 05-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
i ditched my tp2 a couple months ago and got the incredible on release. i would never consider going back. however i completely understand your point of view. i for one require a phone to be the median between my laptop and personal communication needs. if i need to edit a doc i use my laptop, i simply wouldn't even try to do it on my phone. i don't use outlook, so thats not a problem either. however i have heard it syncs with it just fine with the right app. don't know it off hand as i don't use it. swype works as mentioned previously. opera? i know it has opera mini 5 on the market. plus the stock browser blows the tp2 outa the water, not dissing it, just sayin.

i think the incredible is a great phone and does a lot that winmo can't, or should i say, devs won't make for winmo...

however, like you have mentioned, it has its short comings, but android is growing daily, so look forward to everything working on the incredible as you want it too. wifi sharing is just a root away, haha. i really don't get how they choose some phones to have that, and some require root, so lame.

and it is plenty customizable stock. try ahome, open home, beautiful widgets, home++, helix1/2, etc. (any home replacement). and when we get root, you can customize every single aspect of it, just like on winmo. sweeterhome is looks amazing but requires root...

EDIT: the biggest thing i love about android, is everything works together. for instance, i used the app "Where" the other day. was downtown and told it i wanted pizza, it found all the pizza joints in my area in a matter of seconds. i scrolled to one that was .35 miles away that i have never heard of. told it i wanted to go there. it immediately gave me turn by turn directions (with voice) and guided me down this nook in between a motel and a building only to find a whole little mini plaza in there with a pizza joint. and it was good pizza to boot, haha. i could never have done that in winmo, at least not without a hassle. once again i am not bashing winmo, just saying how much i like androids ease of use...
I think that evo is getting tethering because sprint doesn't care about data as long as you are on the everything plan. they have pretty much given up on that one. I talked to sprint today and they are still expecting the evo in june. there will be no added cost for the evo 4g, just has to be a everything plan (like all android phones).
on a side note, sprint nav will find me all the pizza I want, not to mention google maps, bing, google search, live search....

Old 05-06-2010, 11:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible (b/u TP2)! ;-)
Threadstarter

sccafun is a n00b

I am still carrying my TP2...although I have switched back to the Incred....only had TP2 for 6 months but wanted phone for over a year prior...I guess you can say I'm attached to it...the Incred's an awesome device, but until rooting, it still can't fully replace my TP2!
Old 05-16-2010, 10:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

semifast is just getting started

Lets see..

click on bing icon..say pizza..viola, list of pizza places pops up. ask for directions, go there.

Yes, sure is a big hassle to find pizza using Winmo...

btw, name one thing you can do in android you can't do in Winmo ? you said there's lots of em.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:

i think the incredible is a great phone and does a lot that winmo can't,
Like what??

I am not trying to be a argumentative, this is a serious question.

The guy who works at the desk next to me at work just bought an Incredible. He is already planning on returning it as he absolutely hates not having his TP2 hardware KB but I personally could live with that.

What is stopping me from switching at this point is the handful of main apps I use & love everyday don't work in Android at this time.

I use the TV out every single day (doesn't work yet with the Incredible) & there is no way I would give up my Sling Mobile app (with the new Sling software my SB works fantastic, that also will not work in Android)). I use Sirius Radio all day at work, that does not work in Android & neither does WMWifirouter which I also use daily.

I'm sure all this stuff will be worked out eventually (Slings answer is it will be working "sometime this Summer"), but right now today to say that the Incredible "does a lot of things that WinMo can't" is simply not true at all..........(as a matter of fact, I would say just the opposite is true)

I will probably switch to Android eventually, I am no lover of WinMo, but if I switched today (& I was definitely considering it) it would give me WAY less functionality than I have right now with my NRG TP2....

~John
Old 05-16-2010, 11:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:

EDIT: the biggest thing i love about android, is everything works together. for instance, i used the app "Where" the other day. was downtown and told it i wanted pizza, it found all the pizza joints in my area in a matter of seconds....

I did the exact same thing Friday night using Bing, I can't really imagine anything being much easier. I could have done the exact same thing with Google maps or Garmin XT also.......

~John
Old 05-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Andriod version 2.2 has been released and will go on Nexus first being Google. Should be released to others in a few months . Sprint EVO will be $10 more a month for 4g even if you are not in 4g area.
2.2 is faster with a complier and also has (Bluetooth Voice Dialing with Headset) several other I do not remember at this time. I am looking at the EVO myself and keeping TP2.
Also EVO may get Android 2.2 in a few months as per Google.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2