PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2010, 02:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible (b/u TP2)! ;-)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

sccafun is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Switched to Incredible, switching back to TP2 (for now?)

Thanks for the head's up on the ETA of the HTC Sync...for those who are unaware, the Incredible is not shipped with any software to allow syncing w/ Outlook, however, HTC should be releasing the software specific to this phone shortly...
Old 05-02-2010, 02:55 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxl180 View Post
the only issue for me would be wifi tethering... and the EVO has it.
true but you will most likely be paying extra unless you root. once the incredible gets rooted (which shouldnt be too long now) we will have wifi tethering as well.

i still have my tp2 as well because it does do a few things for me that the incredible cannot. i doubt i will get rid of it, the tp2 is damn near perfect imo but the speed of the incredible is awesome! i do love both of them but my gut tells me the tp2 will get more use from me during a normal workday than the incredible will. the incredible is more of a toy for me.

Last edited by redd214; 05-02-2010 at 03:00 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

No SlingMobile (that is a deal breaker right there) or Sirius either.

I won't buy one until those two things work.

~John
Old 05-02-2010, 03:11 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

sccafun is a n00b

I agree Redd....if you have a TP2, the Incredible is not an outright replacement, but it is a very cool toy!
Old 05-02-2010, 03:32 PM
g00s3y

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Swype for Incredible - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=668036
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

Anyone know if Bluetooth voice dialing is working directly from a BT headset with the Incredible or with any Android rooted build yet? This is something that would really hold me back from switching to the Incredible or EVO any time soon.

BTW, how well does the optical mouse work on the Incredible? For me, not having to finger the screen all the time would be a real plus.

Best to all,
R

Last edited by rhacy; 05-02-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:36 PM
g00s3y

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacy View Post
Anyone know if Bluetooth voice dialing is working directly from a BT headset with the Incredible or with any Android rooted build yet? This is something that would really hold me back from switching to the Incredible or EVO any time soon.

BTW, how well does the optical mouse on the Incredible? For me, not having to finger the screen all the time would be a real plus.

Best to all,
R
I can't find a way to get BT voice dialing working. But the optical mouse on the Incredible is really top notch, works perfectly and is sensitive in a good way.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00s3y View Post
I can't find a way to get BT voice dialing working. But the optical mouse on the Incredible is really top notch, works perfectly and is sensitive in a good way.
Thanks for info g00s3y. The optical mouse sounds perfect. Heck, at this point, I'd prefer the Incredible mouse over the EVO's larger screen, lol...

I guess all I can do is hope Android gets the BT voice dialer working with a BT headset soon.

Thanks again.
R
Old 05-02-2010, 05:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

i ditched my tp2 a couple months ago and got the incredible on release. i would never consider going back. however i completely understand your point of view. i for one require a phone to be the median between my laptop and personal communication needs. if i need to edit a doc i use my laptop, i simply wouldn't even try to do it on my phone. i don't use outlook, so thats not a problem either. however i have heard it syncs with it just fine with the right app. don't know it off hand as i don't use it. swype works as mentioned previously. opera? i know it has opera mini 5 on the market. plus the stock browser blows the tp2 outa the water, not dissing it, just sayin.

i think the incredible is a great phone and does a lot that winmo can't, or should i say, devs won't make for winmo...

however, like you have mentioned, it has its short comings, but android is growing daily, so look forward to everything working on the incredible as you want it too. wifi sharing is just a root away, haha. i really don't get how they choose some phones to have that, and some require root, so lame.

and it is plenty customizable stock. try ahome, open home, beautiful widgets, home++, helix1/2, etc. (any home replacement). and when we get root, you can customize every single aspect of it, just like on winmo. sweeterhome is looks amazing but requires root...

EDIT: the biggest thing i love about android, is everything works together. for instance, i used the app "Where" the other day. was downtown and told it i wanted pizza, it found all the pizza joints in my area in a matter of seconds. i scrolled to one that was .35 miles away that i have never heard of. told it i wanted to go there. it immediately gave me turn by turn directions (with voice) and guided me down this nook in between a motel and a building only to find a whole little mini plaza in there with a pizza joint. and it was good pizza to boot, haha. i could never have done that in winmo, at least not without a hassle. once again i am not bashing winmo, just saying how much i like androids ease of use...

Last edited by MrGoodCat; 05-02-2010 at 05:59 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:39 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

sccafun is a n00b

Thanks all for your replies, kudos for the feedback Mr. GoodCat...this is exactly the feedback I want to hear regarding the device, to see how other users felt about it. Right now, there's not a lot on here or XDA specific to this device and its potential....the key is to be patient...it is an awesome phone, I don't use a lap top for personal use, so my TP2 is the bridge between me and my PC, and as of right now, the Incredible can't take it place..at least not out of the box, but I am working on getting there.....at least Stateside since the Incred is not global.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2