PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Please Help-losing data connection (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119800)

MacWilder 05-01-2010 11:16 AM

Please Help-losing data connection

When using custom ROM's I suddenly and without warning permanently lose my data connection. When I try to update my profile, I get a 1012 error. Upper level Sprint tech support is unable to regain it for me or understand the problem even after using the "##-#" procedures to check out the basic settings.

The only way I can regain data access is to reinstall the stock ROM. That works every time.

This happens with both MightyRom and with the Sprint Lovers ROM.

Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Roger

treotraveler 05-01-2010 12:13 PM

Re: Please Help-losing data connection

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacWilder (Post 1729209)
When using custom ROM's I suddenly and without warning permanently lose my data connection. When I try to update my profile, I get a 1012 error. Upper level Sprint tech support is unable to regain it for me or understand the problem even after using the "##-#" procedures to check out the basic settings.

The only way I can regain data access is to reinstall the stock ROM. That works every time.

This happens with both MightyRom and with the Sprint Lovers ROM.

Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Roger

I suspect your custom ROMs are disabling ResProxy/Push Internet services.

I have the same 1012 error with the 6.1 clean up cab installed. If I have to update my Profile, I do a fresh backup with SPB backup, then hard reset, update my profile, then restore everything from backup which completely restores everything.

I don't know of any other work around for this issue....

MacWilder 05-01-2010 07:32 PM

I am not 100% sure that is correct. When I install the custom ROM, all is well for an undefined period. Then suddenly, without any intervening action on my part, the data service is disabled. It seems to me that, if the custom ROM were at fault, it would happen immediately, or, at a minimum, when there is some change in the ROM's parameters. Neither is the case here.

treotraveler 05-01-2010 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacWilder (Post 1730002)
I am not 100% sure that is correct. When I install the custom ROM, all is well for an undefined period. Then suddenly, without any intervening action on my part, the data service is disabled. It seems to me that, if the custom ROM were at fault, it would happen immediately, or, at a minimum, when there is some change in the ROM's parameters. Neither is the case here.

Welp, based on the first sentence in the top post, you have the issue with the custom ROMs installed. So your issue is with the ROMs disabling the device ability to connect with Sprint, or you have something else installed that is creating the issue.