PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 05:01 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PagePool Sweet Spot

I started a thread a while back, offering an objective comparison of the ROMs available on this site for the TP2. In that thread, a member asked if the pagepools were set equal or left alone. I got curious as to how much difference could actually be seen by changing the pagepool, so here it is. With these results, I would say 8,12, or 16 is the best bet for pagepool settings. What do you think?

IDealpp.jpg

Attached below is a full list of all the benchmark results.

Ideal PP.pdf

Sorry, results are all jumbled. Gotta run, but will fix later.

Last edited by mlin; 03-25-2010 at 01:28 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/ TP1
Carrier: Sprint

pimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: PagePool Sweet Spot

When comparing the numbers it look great to change pagepool to 8 and free up some ram without losing any performance, but will this affect the performance in the long run, say a couple of days without soft reset?? Will the device slow down over time? When comparing to 16 pagepool, will it stay faster over a period of time? Thanks Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
I started a thread a while back, offering an objective comparison of the ROMs available on this site for the TP2. In that thread, a member asked if the pagepools were set equal or left alone. I got curious as to how much difference could actually be seen by changing the pagepool, so here it is. With these results, I would say 8,12, or 16 is the best bet for pagepool settings. What do you think?

Attachment 64115

Attached below is a full list of all the benchmark results.

Attachment 64062

Sorry, results are all jumbled. Gotta run, but will fix later.

Last edited by pimpol10; 04-23-2010 at 07:52 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:53 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson

Out of curiosity mlin, were those test run once or multiple times per page pool setting? Just curious if those numbers were an average or anything. Also, Thanks for taking the time out to do the tests. Should be helpful to a lot of people.

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:13 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Ive ran multiple tests between 12 and 16 for the past few months there is negligible difference between them on average, im talking like almost nothing at all

this is why i stick with 12

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 04-24-2010, 04:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/ TP1

pimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hey Mr. X, isn't your 2.5/6.5 pagepool set at 16???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
Ive ran multiple tests between 12 and 16 for the past few months there is negligible difference between them on average, im talking like almost nothing at all

this is why i stick with 12
Old 04-30-2010, 02:42 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red
Threadstarter

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
Out of curiosity mlin, were those test run once or multiple times per page pool setting? Just curious if those numbers were an average or anything. Also, Thanks for taking the time out to do the tests. Should be helpful to a lot of people.
I did a few of the test twice (results not shows) and when I did not notice a difference between test I decided one test was sufficient.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Funny, I always set it to 0. Figure it is dynamic and will adjust automatically. Not sure what those numbers mean, or if they will vary from a USCC phone to Sprint or AT&T.

Old 05-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

set mine to 16. seems to run faster, but there is less available memory at start.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2