PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 11:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sherm420 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
keypad dialing

ok so i cleared my call logs (call history) because the sprint 6.5 was starting to lag big time (black screens constantly) and something changed for the worse. now when i type 323 , for instance (dad), my dads phone number wont come up like it used to. other 323 "hits" do, all of which i hardly contact often (this is not exclusive to the dad/323 example). its like when i cleared the log/history only the frequent calls got deleted from a database of sorts. i've cleared call logs before and this hasnt happened. oh and btw i didnt actually "clear the call logs"; that option doesnt appear like it used to. i had to select all then delete which im sure has something to do with my new problem.

now my options are limited to: go to the htc contact list and scroll down and select who i am calling which i hate, or wait until someone calls me so they are in the call log so then when i do my 323 thing the contact appears.

Any ideas or fixes?

im trying to avoid reinstalling/hard reset winmo AGAIN at all costs.

and a general question. do other "smartphones" begin to degrade like winmo seems to do? ive had a bb before and it never seemed to have any issues with anything ever. i think i rebooted it once, but i didnt really use it too much either so its tough to compare...

i've rebooted, turned off, soft reset, whatever 5 times today...
Old 05-01-2010, 12:33 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP
Re: keypad dialing

i thought sense had some sort of favorites for contacts?
if not, try mobile shell and disable sense all together.

Old 05-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sherm420 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
i thought sense had some sort of favorites for contacts?
if not, try mobile shell and disable sense all together.
yeah,

anyway i prefer to find contacts using the method i described above. for some reason this has quit working and i as hoping someone else had encountered this situation and fixed it.

and if by mobile shell you are referring to spb, i will politely decline.

switching to titanium and back to sense didnt help.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:00 PM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8

If you are using your hardware keyboard, only letters will work to pull up contacts. If you are in portrait with the keyboard up I'm not sure why its happening. If you backspace one of the numbers does it bring up your contacts that way? If you recently installed swype this seems to be an issue inherent with the software.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sherm420 is a n00b

nope, using the soft numeric keypad.

here are my steps
1. i press the phone button
2. brings up numeric keypad
3. i type, for instance, 323 for dad
4. dad contact should appear at the top of the list, along with other highlighted "hits"

number 4 now only happens if it is someone i contacted recently or havent contacted in a long time. the htc contacts still contains all hundreds of contacts and imo is a pita to use.

this is an issue because performance degrades as the call log fills up. clearing the log frees memory or something. i dont claim to know what exactly, but it sure does lessen the lag.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

platniumrover is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to platniumrover Send a message via Yahoo to platniumrover

+1 I been having this same problem too...it brings up only a selected few contacts...and 90% of the time it isn't who I am looking for. And I have about 500 contacts in my phone so it is a real PITA. And I copy my pim files over from phone to phone versus syncing it...that may play into it some how, there may be some type of meta file also associated with it...but it has me stumped...Im going to try and load my contacts from outlook and see what happens.

VM4500
PPC-6600
PPC-6700
6800/Mogul
Touch Pro
Old 05-21-2010, 06:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro

platniumrover is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to platniumrover Send a message via Yahoo to platniumrover

So, I deleted my contacts out of microsoft office then deleted the relationship wit media center mobile device and allowed it to recopy all the contacts from the phone back to it, and its working now....give it a try.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:25 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sherm420 is a n00b

not sure why i didnt think of it earlier but i finally restored the db using ppcpimbackup.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

samah is just getting started

my guess is that the 323 only works because it's searching your call log. since dad is no longer in your call log because you deleted it, try calling your dad or getting him to call you just so he's in the call log again. now, try searching for 323. i hope this works, and good luck.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2