PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2010, 02:00 PM
::The Elite Geek::
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: VZW

tjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Does the TP2 really need a screen protector?

I suggest the zagg Invisishield...dunno why peeps are giving it a bad rap...sure when you first put it on the screen feels a bit sticky and unusual but with a little use and some sweat an it gets broken in...I personally love it...plus lifetime warranty incase it ever peels or wares...can't beat that...

And as an added note...my friend had a tp2 with the zagg shield on it...after frying the screen with a blow torch he decided to try using his keys to scratch the screen as the videos show...it left a mark on the shield but once whipped with a cloth it looked as if nothing happened...

I prefer quality over quantity...and I am not a nit picker with scratches and what not I just figured a $300 investment deserved a $25 piece of protection...just my opinion...

Old 05-12-2010, 02:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g/bb 8310
Carrier: sprint/att

skoobz is becoming a great contributor

i am decending from the majority. i don't tend to hold on to phones for that long. why? there's always going to be newer, better, awesomer phones. mogul<touch pro<touch pro2<hd2<evo 4g.

but that's just me. i like mine bareback, using protecting looses some of that feeling.

btw...i was still talking about phones...just in case some of you pervs were getting the wrong ideas...
Old 05-12-2010, 11:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cd85233 is becoming a great contributor

Imho, screen protectors are a must...I resell my phones after I get a new one so keeping it looking good helps. I'd recommend you don't skimp out on a deal thats way too good to be true because you'll probably get a POS...

Lastly, to install the screen protectors without air bubbles and have no chance of attaching it wrong, get a bit of soapy water in a small bowel and just get your hands and the protector wet. It will be really loose so you can move it into position. The bubbles will come out easily and it will look awesome. Don't get too impatient with it not sticking right away...it has soapy water under it, duh! lol

Hope this helps, I don't know if someone already posted this but I looked at the OP's post and thought it might help.

also, a few good months (5-7) out of a $2-$5 protector sounds about right to me.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

sl8763 is keeping up the good worksl8763 is keeping up the good work

So after having the Invisible Shield on my XV6700 and Mogul and being pretty satisfied with it, I decided to get it for the Touch Pro 2. I noticed that the gummy texture of it interfered a bit with the finger swipes - something that didn't come up on the previous phones because I was primarily using the stylus. But it was definitely a bit harder to scroll left and right in Manila, and using Cookie's Home Tab, I would always accidentally open an app when I was just trying to swipe up to view the second page of icons. Plus, the edges of the IS accumulated lint and dust, and the whole thing generally got really annoying.

After reading through this thread I decided to go with the Steinheil SGP Anti-Fingerprint, and I am a LOT happier with it. The install is a total no-brainer especially compared with the Invisible Shield, and it's just so much easier to use the phone with the smoother texture. The Anti-Fingerprint does cut down on the phone visibility a tad, so I am considering getting the SGP Crystal and trying that out. Another nice thing about SGP is they come in packs of two, so if I get the Crystal and don't like it, it won't cost me any more money to go back to the Anti-Fingerprint.

Last edited by sl8763; 05-13-2010 at 12:30 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2