PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 04:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907
Re: Does the TP2 really need a screen protector?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivwonka View Post
i love no screen protector. had mine since sept. i'm sure you can find a few tiny scratches, if you micro examined it. but i don't notice any. i keep it in my pocket. always just the only thing in that pocket. rarely use a stylus. it feels way better to the touch without a condom on the front of it. go for it! live recklessly with no protection
Way to live life on the edge

Don't click me
Old 04-30-2010, 04:28 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

I was too lazy to put on my screen protector and now my screen looks like i keep my tp2 in a bag of rocks

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 04-30-2010, 04:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
I was too lazy to put on my screen protector and now my screen looks like i keep my tp2 in a bag of rocks
What has scratched it up that much?
Old 04-30-2010, 09:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I had the TP1 for a year, no screen protector, not a scratch on it. But the screen on the TP2 doesn't feel the same so I put on the screen protector and keep it on.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

spectheintro is keeping up the good workspectheintro is keeping up the good work

Thanks everyone, this has been really helpful.

I don't use the stylus at all, but I often stick the phone in my pocket with other items. Guess I'll need to consider whether or not I'm going to resell it.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yeah the screen is so soft it will scratch from just the stylus, was the same way with my diamond.

Before that I never used protectors and never had problems on 6700 6800 or touch but day number 1 with my Diamond I had stylus scratches wtf, the thing they give you to use on your screen scratches it..once again wtf???

The screens of those previous phones weren't as bright and so the protectors were very noticeable to me, the TP2 is so bright I can't tell I have one on, others can't tell either.

I like the stock one that came with it best, least noticeable and can't feel it with the stylus either, you can get ones just like the sprint stock ones at any ATT store 3 for $10, the are the ones for the ATT gsmTP2 (tilt 2, I think, may be wrong)

But from someone who used to hate to use them, on the TP2 it's a must.

Last edited by Primenall; 04-30-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

try Steinheil SGP . Easiest to put on. I have had same protector on my phone for months no peeling. I personally use the matte finish with antifingerprint , but that's my choice. You may want the clear crystal look. Either way, these protectors are awesome, fit well, and they go on without having to do all the steam tricks and water and dish liquid tricks, Very easy. here's a link http://www.sgpstore.com/index.php/cPath/21_33

these protectors are not that expensive9mid range ) and out of about 5 different ones I tried, they are by far the easiest and best. I am sure if you search on here you will find lots of folks recommend them
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 by HTC

jigwashere is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to jigwashere

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty11 View Post
try Steinheil SGP . Easiest to put on. I have had same protector on my phone for months no peeling. I personally use the matte finish with antifingerprint , but that's my choice. You may want the clear crystal look. Either way, these protectors are awesome, fit well, and they go on without having to do all the steam tricks and water and dish liquid tricks, Very easy. here's a link http://www.sgpstore.com/index.php/cPath/21_33

these protectors are not that expensive9mid range ) and out of about 5 different ones I tried, they are by far the easiest and best. I am sure if you search on here you will find lots of folks recommend them
I'll keep these in mind. I recently bought the ATT Tilt2 screen protectors for my Sprint TP2 and am extremely pleased. I can hardly tell there's a protector on it. It was very easy to apply, but may I was just lucky this time. I'll use the next 2 in the pack as needed, but after that, I might try the ones you suggest--perhaps the ones that claim to show fewer fingerprints.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigwashere View Post
I'll keep these in mind. I recently bought the ATT Tilt2 screen protectors for my Sprint TP2 and am extremely pleased. I can hardly tell there's a protector on it. It was very easy to apply, but may I was just lucky this time. I'll use the next 2 in the pack as needed, but after that, I might try the ones you suggest--perhaps the ones that claim to show fewer fingerprints.
just remember as I said earlier the antifingerprint has a matte finish which obviously is not the same as the crystal clear finish ( that is also available) they are both great protectors, so it really just comes down to a preference. I prefer not to have to wipe fingerprints off after every use. Also , one note, many of the screen protectors for the TP2 are cut exactly to the very edge of the screen. You would think this is good , but in reality when you put it on they sometimes come right to the very edge of the screen and will eventually get caught on something and try to peel up. after that they are useless. I had this happen a few times with other protectors after having placed them on perfectly . It was very irritating . I found out that by using this sweet little case http://cgi.ebay.com/Soft-Skin-Silico...item19b98cc3e8

there is no problem. BTW, this is by far the best fitting case I and many others have found out there, Takes 2 weeks from China or a few days from Boxwave (for a few more bucks)
I have had mine for many months along with the same screen protector and my phone looks 100 percent new .
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:13 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

well dude my friend dropped his TP2 and it slid down his driveway and let's just say it looks like he tried taking 80 grit sandpaper and giving his phones screen some prep work for a paintjob hahaha... Stock Screen Protector FTW..!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2