PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 07:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Plans for AT&T HTC Tilt 2 (Pro2)
Carrier: T-Mobile

templefugate is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need help with my AT&T HTC Tilt2 Master Plan

I want one of these, I need one of these, I need a fix for my dead Axim X51v.
Here's my situation; I'm I tight wad who refuses to pay the outrageously high cell plan (see my intro post) rates. I also refuse to pay the jacked-up prices the hardware manufacturers charge for phones. WireFly has the AT&T HTC Tilt2 (Touch Pro@) free (I know, nothings free). That's with a 2yr contract, $36 access fee waived in 3rd month and a $30 data plan required. I have a cheap T-Mobile Nokia with Prepaid SIM. My plan; Buy the Tilt2 with contract and $49 insurance. report the 1st Tilt lost after 1st month. Cancel contract by 2nd month once 2nd Tilt2 received. @ this point, I'm out about 200 in monthly's, $175+36 act for two new phones (the 2nd which could be sold to recoup my costs). Then I unlock the phone and use it to make basic calls thru T-Mobile and do email and net thru my router. 1st, anyone see any problems with my plan? 2nd, besides the unlock (any recommendations on best place?) do I need to make any other changes to switch over?

Temple
Old 04-30-2010, 07:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Need help with my AT&T HTC Tilt2 Master Plan

Other than the fact that you are asking us for advice on how to commit fraud?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:03 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Yeah don't ask for suggestions when you are the reason insurance rates are so high. I hope you go to jail.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:06 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

what is wrong with people these days???
how about since you are such a tight wad, you stick to the free flip phones, so that way you don't have to worry about high hardware prices or data plans.

Old 05-01-2010, 01:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Plans for AT&T HTC Tilt 2 (Pro2)
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

templefugate is a n00b

I respect the various opinions shared but...I'm a business person myself and we live in a capitalist country. But it's far from "Free Enterprise". Large companies here have so much power that competition is virtually non-existent. A few years ago I was selling Jornada battries on eBay for $29.99, my cost 1 buck. At the time HP was selling those for $59 and my closest competition on eBay was $39.99. I could have sold them for $10 or even $20 and made a very very nice profit. But at $29, eBay buyers considered mine a bargain. Cell companies could sell unlimited plans for 20 bucks and make a killing. But why sell something that cost you a nickel for a dollar, when you can easily get $100! I simply refuse to pay $100 for a nickel worth of candy. And I feel no guilt in taking advantage of loop holes with some one like that. I know what you're thinking...what if someone did me that? I've had customers buy software from me and claim it was defective. I refunded their money without it's return or any questions or proof. I've had customers order the wrong item and sent them the more expensive item they needed, before they sent the original back. As a business person I try to maximize my profits, but I also try to take care of my customers. Most cell carriers and especially AT&T don't. If most of you lived in a house your father's father's father lived in. And someone kicked in the door, took over that house and "let" you live in the storage shed out back.You would think that a crime. That analogy is how this country was founded. Yet every 4th of July, in fact every night we sleep without giving it a thought. "What's wrong with people these days?" the same as always, their looking out for themselves!

Temple
Old 05-01-2010, 01:49 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

So, it's OK to steal as long as you call it a loophole.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 05-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

but what he is trying to do is not a loophole, it is insurance fraud.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2