PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 01:37 AM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)
Threadstarter

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369
Re: SPB Molbile Shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg
Like what?
I kinda see what he means! Like text messaging and default programs go to their original form when using SPB, but other than that what else is there to hide?! The thing animates just as much as Sense, way more responsive, look a lot better, very customizable..........and the carousel.............I mean........you gotta ef'n love that thing!!!!!!

Thats why you can still use custom menus and taskbar icons and pimp it out! HTC should take a page out of SPB's book on this one!
Old 05-03-2010, 02:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar369 View Post
I kinda see what he means! Like text messaging and default programs go to their original form when using SPB, but other than that what else is there to hide?! The thing animates just as much as Sense, way more responsive, look a lot better, very customizable..........and the carousel.............I mean........you gotta ef'n love that thing!!!!!!

Thats why you can still use custom menus and taskbar icons and pimp it out! HTC should take a page out of SPB's book on this one!
Well you can use the 3D messaging in SPB if you want. It still goes to the regular Windows version when you send them, but when you receive or just browse through them it uses the SPB instead of the default Windows (if you set it to).

I just can't imagine why anyone would rather use Sense than Mobile Shell, but I guess to each his own...
Old 05-03-2010, 03:35 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

The shell has never worked well for me. Its my phones arthritis.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Bugsy is becoming a great contributor

I have to say, SPB all the way. I started running it on my Mogul, then the TP and now on the TP2.

I run Formulas Rom wich has SPB built in (less memory intensive)and the sense theme laid over the top. I haven't reset the phone in a little over a day and I still have 96MB free memory.
I love that i can truly customize my home screen. It's pretty amazing how much development there is for the Mobile Shell. XDA has some talented people creating themes and tons more widgets.
And if you're even a little savvy, you can create your own skins for the widgets.

Last edited by Bugsy; 05-03-2010 at 11:19 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2