PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 09:03 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SPB Molbile Shell

hmmm, wonder how many people using mobile shell have experienced the SOD while using mobile shell vs sense???
to each their own, but for me, mobile shell used 10-20mb less on start up and doesn't freeze up when I send a text message.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:34 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar369 View Post
Thanks riley! Do you know if this is a memory hog or not?!
No Problem. No its not really a memory hog. seems to use less resources than Sense as well. I posted some pics in another thread of how it looks. Here is the thread. Also, the switcher app is attaced to this thread. Very cool.

http://www.forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpo...postcount=1097
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo
Carrier: Sprint

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

From personal experience its less memory intensive, its faster and less lethargic then bloated sense which makes it more responsive and its fully customizable as well. I don't want my phone to look like everyone elses.

While its not for everyone its great for me and makes Windows useful. If its not for you then thats fine. So you die hard sense fans can save it since you won't convince me otherwise.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch Pro 2

fng3 is just getting started

I was die hard SPB fan until cookie came along
Old 04-30-2010, 12:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

SPB Mobile Shell is WAY better than Sense. Not even close.

You can customize Mobile Shell however you want, easily. Plus it's more stable and uses less memory. You don't have to hack it up either, it is totally customizable out of the box.

Check this video out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGrfQ7IKGBs

And that video doesn't even do it justice. Look at this thread to see some awesome themes for Mobile Shell:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=566045

And keep in mind, this is all using less memory than Sense.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:30 PM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)
Threadstarter

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369

Quote:
Originally Posted by fng3
I was die hard SPB fan until cookie came along
You know what......................I absolutely LOVED that last update to the cookie tabs mod.............but that takes even more memory than the last one that didn't have the pages of tabs and the additional appointments! I was using the cookie mod and thats when I saw my phone @ an all time low on program memory.....about 33mb to be exact! I would hit the task manager and it would say I'm using 83% all the time!

I did a test with SPB Mobile Shell to see if my memory leaks with it......not 1 bit! I went one full day (24 hours with my alarm set to let me know when my time was up) and didn't do 1 soft reset or anything and treated the phone like normal......didn't even charge it! My battery was kindah low (DUH) but when I checked my program memory at the end I was still rockin 95mb of free memory!

On top of it being light it does A HELL OF A LOT MORE than Sense! You can say "personal preference" but the choice to go with seems to be clear and obvious!
Old 05-02-2010, 05:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

ammaralo is a n00b

Heres my two cents.

Sense 2.5 is awesome, even though there are some thing I would want back from sense 2.0. However, as awesome as it is, it is a huge memory hog. The cookie tab is pretty sweet too, but again uses more memory.

SPB is stable and uses much less memory, but there are some things from sense that I miss, like the integrated music player and the photo album. But those are the things that use up much memory.

With Sense 2.5 i was running at anywhere between 70 - 85% memory. With SPB its more lik 50 -60.

Pick your poison.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:20 PM
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammaralo View Post
Heres my two cents.

Sense 2.5 is awesome, even though there are some thing I would want back from sense 2.0. However, as awesome as it is, it is a huge memory hog. The cookie tab is pretty sweet too, but again uses more memory.

SPB is stable and uses much less memory, but there are some things from sense that I miss, like the integrated music player and the photo album. But those are the things that use up much memory.

With Sense 2.5 i was running at anywhere between 70 - 85% memory. With SPB its more lik 50 -60.

Pick your poison.
And it should be noted that SPB Mobile Shell has both a media player widget and a photo frame widget.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: verizon

bdunson is a n00b

I liked mobile shell, it was fast..but the problem I found was that it didn't cover up as much of the ugliness of windows as sense did.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:00 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdunson View Post
I liked mobile shell, it was fast..but the problem I found was that it didn't cover up as much of the ugliness of windows as sense did.
Like what?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2