PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 03:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Gulanowski is keeping up the good workGulanowski is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
which rom is right for me?

I haven't flashed a rom since over a year ago on my Titan. To be honest I've forgotten how. I'm still running the stock verizon rom on my TP2 but it's been slowing down the last few months, i.e. time to flash to a newer rom. I didn't see a guide for how to flash on the TP2. I'm also wondering which rom most people are using that's fast and stable but also maintains the capabilities of the stock verizon rom as well as those programs (office mobile, album, quickgps, streaming media etc.) Lastly, did everyone stick with the stock radio, or is there a newer one out with a bluetooth stack that enables bluetooth ICS?

If you're one of those people that says "search, search idiot" please don't bother posting. I don't have the time to search through doubtless thousands of threads, especially with finals next week. I'm hoping someone with a few minutes to spare wouldn't mind posting up some of the basic aforementioned info that I'm looking for. Thank you for your time, I appreciate it.

Last edited by Gulanowski; 04-29-2010 at 03:43 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:51 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: which rom is right for me?

the how to is in the unlocker thread itself, as for roms that are clean/fast and great battery, mr.x rom is sweet 6.5x and when mighty drops his 3 new roms there also very fast/stable.(tested all 3)
Old 04-29-2010, 03:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

hotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Personally I recommend Vin's roms...they are great!
Old 04-29-2010, 03:54 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

I'm digging Vin's Plutonium ROM...very stable & quick.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 soon to be Driod X

kevmueller is keeping up the good workkevmueller is keeping up the good work

There are a lot of good ones out there and I know if you ask people everyone will have a difference respose. As a fellow Verizon user who just started trying different ones three weeks ago, the one I have found that does everything I ask with no lag and is very stable is BiGnAdAd's new ROM.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2

bratsscrappy is a n00b

Thanks for asking, I am in the same boat, not sure which to go with and I really hate flashing over and over, especially since I use my TP2 to stay in contact for my business.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:24 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Dangit wrong thread, sorry. this post can be deleted.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

so somehow, your time is more valuable than ours???
if you don't have time to play, stick to stock and you won't have to worry about any quirks most of the custom ROMs have. then after finals, you'll have all summer to play with your phone.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

If you HAVE to flash to something go with Mighty Mikes Official Rom. otherwise just wait till after finals where you will have more time like the above stated.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

lansing100 is just getting started

6.5 - deck's s3
6.5.x - dibson's medium hills
mobile shell + 6.5.x - formula84's SPB mobile sense

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2