PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   which rom is right for me? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119622)

Gulanowski 04-29-2010 03:40 PM

which rom is right for me?

I haven't flashed a rom since over a year ago on my Titan. To be honest I've forgotten how. I'm still running the stock verizon rom on my TP2 but it's been slowing down the last few months, i.e. time to flash to a newer rom. I didn't see a guide for how to flash on the TP2. I'm also wondering which rom most people are using that's fast and stable but also maintains the capabilities of the stock verizon rom as well as those programs (office mobile, album, quickgps, streaming media etc.) Lastly, did everyone stick with the stock radio, or is there a newer one out with a bluetooth stack that enables bluetooth ICS?

If you're one of those people that says "search, search idiot" please don't bother posting. I don't have the time to search through doubtless thousands of threads, especially with finals next week. I'm hoping someone with a few minutes to spare wouldn't mind posting up some of the basic aforementioned info that I'm looking for. Thank you for your time, I appreciate it.

darren.wlsn1 04-29-2010 03:51 PM

Re: which rom is right for me?

the how to is in the unlocker thread itself, as for roms that are clean/fast and great battery, mr.x rom is sweet 6.5x and when mighty drops his 3 new roms there also very fast/stable.(tested all 3)

hotspace 04-29-2010 03:53 PM

Personally I recommend Vin's roms...they are great!

Recursion 04-29-2010 03:54 PM

I'm digging Vin's Plutonium ROM...very stable & quick.

kevmueller 04-29-2010 04:01 PM

There are a lot of good ones out there and I know if you ask people everyone will have a difference respose. As a fellow Verizon user who just started trying different ones three weeks ago, the one I have found that does everything I ask with no lag and is very stable is BiGnAdAd's new ROM.

bratsscrappy 04-30-2010 10:12 PM

Thanks for asking, I am in the same boat, not sure which to go with and I really hate flashing over and over, especially since I use my TP2 to stay in contact for my business.

Wesley762 04-30-2010 10:24 PM

Dangit wrong thread, sorry. this post can be deleted.

nrfitchett4 05-01-2010 12:37 PM

so somehow, your time is more valuable than ours???
if you don't have time to play, stick to stock and you won't have to worry about any quirks most of the custom ROMs have. then after finals, you'll have all summer to play with your phone.

Wesley762 05-01-2010 02:04 PM

If you HAVE to flash to something go with Mighty Mikes Official Rom. otherwise just wait till after finals where you will have more time like the above stated.

lansing100 05-01-2010 02:15 PM

6.5 - deck's s3
6.5.x - dibson's medium hills
mobile shell + 6.5.x - formula84's SPB mobile sense