PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 12:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ToUCHPRo 2
Carrier: sprint

dubmang is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to dubmang Send a message via Yahoo to dubmang
so ive been out of the loop..

for a bit. and apparently their was an update back in march that i never got, but now that i have it do i still need to install any of these home brew os's? i never had one before i just had the "clean up patch" thats stickied on the front page. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=88640

also i heard that you can run android on the tp2 so im gonna look into that. but what do you guys think about running that vs. one of the normal roms?
Old 04-29-2010, 12:46 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL
Re: so ive been out of the loop..

Stock Sprint rom update was junk. Try mighty rom or Vin rom IMO.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:17 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubmang View Post
for a bit. and apparently their was an update back in march that i never got, but now that i have it do i still need to install any of these home brew os's? i never had one before i just had the "clean up patch" thats stickied on the front page. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=88640

also i heard that you can run android on the tp2 so im gonna look into that. but what do you guys think about running that vs. one of the normal roms?
you can actually put the Android dual boot port over your current Stock ROM, it is not built into the OS it runs off your SD card.

You can try the sense 2.5 Stock upgrade first and see if you like it, and if you see something you don't like or want to tether or something you can try some cooked ROMs in the TP2 CDMA upgrades. There are tons of awesome CDMA cooks here.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:18 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

It's a matter of opinion... I run the stock Sprint Rom and I have no problems... I had the power button issue and got my phone replaced through sprint... Now flawless.
p.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

dubmang is a n00b

well i want to dive into the world of roms and heard good things about mighty rom but honestly i dont even know hwere to start to find out which is right for me
Old 04-29-2010, 06:18 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
well i want to dive into the world of roms and heard good things about mighty rom but honestly i dont even know hwere to start to find out which is right for me
Really the only way to find out what one you like is to start trying them. best thing I would suggest is take a day during the weekend and just start flashing away. I would spend at least a hour with a ROM going through things and see if its something you like. but take this warning, flashing is additive and you will find your self flashing pretty often.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

dubmang is a n00b

what do i look for in the flashes?
are they mainly based on eye candy or actualy speed tweaks? i wish someone would post a excel sheet lol comparing all the diff roms against each other
Old 04-29-2010, 09:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I like the ROM called Sprint Lovers ROM
Old 04-29-2010, 10:31 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
what do i look for in the flashes?
are they mainly based on eye candy or actualy speed tweaks? i wish someone would post a excel sheet lol comparing all the diff roms against each other
Most of the Cooks give a pretty good breakdown of there ROM's in the first few post's. its just going to be trial and error to find the one you really like and a TON of reading. there is really no other way.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2