PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 09:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell
Has anyone tried it on their Pro2, their rate plans for calls to mobile and land lines are almost too good to be true

http://www.skype.com/download/skype/windowsmobile/

http://www.skype.com/allfeatures/sub...ubscriptionTab
Old 09-10-2009, 10:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO (Still love my TP2)
Carrier: Sprint

RobDFW is a n00b
Re: Skype

I haven't been able to install it. When I try it immediately tells me installation unsuccessful. What am I doing wrong? I'm using the Sprint TP2.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pbeaul is keeping up the good workpbeaul is keeping up the good work

I have it installed... it works great over wifi, and I've had mixed results over Evdo/X1... I've been a longtime user of skype so I already have the accounts etc. The prices are legit, there's nothing "too good to be true" about Skype.

I downloaded the Windows Mobile version directly off Skype... it worked fine for me (Telus TP2).

Only problems I had was that Skype doesn't route the in-call audio to the ear-piece... puts it out the back speaker which makes it hard to carry a private conversation.

To get around that problem I found a program called "AudioRoute" which allows you to redirect sound from one speaker to the other... works great.

AudioRoute is freeware and it can be found here: http://www.teksoftco.com/index.php?section=freeware
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:19 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDFW View Post
I haven't been able to install it. When I try it immediately tells me installation unsuccessful. What am I doing wrong? I'm using the Sprint TP2.
Download the exe. file to your desktop, then do the install via Active Sync. I had the same issue trying to install the cab as well
Old 09-11-2009, 01:21 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbeaul View Post
I have it installed... it works great over wifi, and I've had mixed results over Evdo/X1... I've been a longtime user of skype so I already have the accounts etc. The prices are legit, there's nothing "too good to be true" about Skype.

I downloaded the Windows Mobile version directly off Skype... it worked fine for me (Telus TP2).

Only problems I had was that Skype doesn't route the in-call audio to the ear-piece... puts it out the back speaker which makes it hard to carry a private conversation.

To get around that problem I found a program called "AudioRoute" which allows you to redirect sound from one speaker to the other... works great.

AudioRoute is freeware and it can be found here: http://www.teksoftco.com/index.php?section=freeware

I thought I had to use the headset to use Skype

App works great.

Last edited by O'Neil Mitchell; 09-11-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:58 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

FYI, Fring works very well too for Skype.

In fact I like it better because it is much lighter to use on the device and is not nearly as huge in size.

www.fring.com

free too
Old 09-11-2009, 03:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pbeaul is keeping up the good workpbeaul is keeping up the good work

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get Fring to work properly... It's always one issue or another.

I'm still optimistic about fring... but skype seems to work better for me. Redirecting the audio on fring doesn't appear to work, neither does the "use earpiece" option. Which I don't particularly care for since I'm generally amongst people and would like to carry a semi-private conversation without carrying around ear buds/BT headset.

That said, if you don't redirect the audio to the ear piece you need to use ear buds/BT Headset otherwise there's going to be some nasty feedback.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:01 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I've been using Skype all day now with no problems. Looks like I'm going to be calling Telus and getting rid of those over priced day time minutes
Old 09-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbeaul View Post
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get Fring to work properly... It's always one issue or another.

I'm still optimistic about fring... but skype seems to work better for me. Redirecting the audio on fring doesn't appear to work, neither does the "use earpiece" option. Which I don't particularly care for since I'm generally amongst people and would like to carry a semi-private conversation without carrying around ear buds/BT headset.

That said, if you don't redirect the audio to the ear piece you need to use ear buds/BT Headset otherwise there's going to be some nasty feedback.
Dunno, being using Fring for the last few days with no problems.

Audio Router (post #3) works fine with Fring--just not the "Fring version" that is under the menu, that doesn't work.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:10 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell View Post
I've been using Skype all day now with no problems. Looks like I'm going to be calling Telus and getting rid of those over priced day time minutes
i wouldnt reccommend skype as a daily things to make your local calls.. telsus seems to be the only people that pay attention to some things... skype is gonna drive you mb usuage WAY up if u use it all day everyday since its VOIP..

theres multiple ways to use goggle voice for free airtime, and you wont have to worry about if your staying under the radar or not...

i have a sprint TP2 and use skype everynight, even b4 my TP2 on TP1, to talk to my ex thats in Australia for Study Abroad..

here the skype cab if been installing for awhile now
Attached Files
File Type: cab SkypeForPocketPC.CAB (7.75 MB, 119 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2