PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 10:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

myhollowworld2 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Manually Receive Texts?

So when I go to my friends house, I often go from very low 1x to no service. During this period, I hardly get any text messages, and its almost impossible to send them.

However, when I leave I never get the ones that were sent to me until someone sends me a new text. Then they all come pouring in from various times. Sending a text to myself doesn't start them to come in either.

*Edit* Completely Neglected to add: This also happens when I'm surfing or tethering. Calls and texts simply refuse to come in. Which is nice when I'm tethering (although reincorporating force EVDO mode would be better) I just DO NOT get texts when I'm done. I usually have to ask my girlfriend to text me, so I can check my missed texts.

I'm running stock 6.5 Sprint, with GT2L Patch. Is there any way to avoid this large annoyance? I was hoping there was a zipwhip like app for PPC, so i could get my messages through wifi. Or is there some way to force the messages to come in? I would prefer not to change radio or rom, just due to the hassle of doing it every time I need to bring it into a Sprint store. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by myhollowworld2; 04-29-2010 at 11:09 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Manually Receive Texts?

It would be nice to turn texts off altogether
Old 04-29-2010, 04:17 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

my girl has metro and gets no service at work..when she walks out they all come in randomly.. i tell her just pull the battery and turn it back on when you get outside.. works for her, but thats on metro..

@BUndo - you can turn texts off whenever you want.. just put your phone into any of the data only options around and no more texts till you turn it off.. texts need 1x to come in remember, evdo only doesnt allow for txts.. now that i think about it though, it wouldnt let calls in either... try callfirewall it also handles texts you can set all your contacts into the blacklist, then when you activate the blacklist and no texts... unless of course someone whos number you dont have saved texts
Old 04-29-2010, 08:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

myhollowworld2 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
my girl has metro and gets no service at work..when she walks out they all come in randomly.. i tell her just pull the battery and turn it back on when you get outside.. works for her, but thats on metro..
While this may work, it's got to be one of the most annoying solutions. I've yet to try it, but there's got to be something a LITTLE more convenient?
Old 04-29-2010, 08:31 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I want this too, so it doesn't interupt me with sms updates of the game i'm trying to watch via skyfire.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2