PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Manually Receive Texts? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119586)

myhollowworld2 04-29-2010 10:39 AM

Manually Receive Texts?

So when I go to my friends house, I often go from very low 1x to no service. During this period, I hardly get any text messages, and its almost impossible to send them.

However, when I leave I never get the ones that were sent to me until someone sends me a new text. Then they all come pouring in from various times. Sending a text to myself doesn't start them to come in either.

*Edit* Completely Neglected to add: This also happens when I'm surfing or tethering. Calls and texts simply refuse to come in. Which is nice when I'm tethering (although reincorporating force EVDO mode would be better) I just DO NOT get texts when I'm done. I usually have to ask my girlfriend to text me, so I can check my missed texts.

I'm running stock 6.5 Sprint, with GT2L Patch. Is there any way to avoid this large annoyance? I was hoping there was a zipwhip like app for PPC, so i could get my messages through wifi. Or is there some way to force the messages to come in? I would prefer not to change radio or rom, just due to the hassle of doing it every time I need to bring it into a Sprint store. Any help would be appreciated.

TheBundo 04-29-2010 12:15 PM

Re: Manually Receive Texts?

It would be nice to turn texts off altogether

boredandtattooed 04-29-2010 04:17 PM

my girl has metro and gets no service at work..when she walks out they all come in randomly.. i tell her just pull the battery and turn it back on when you get outside.. works for her, but thats on metro..

@BUndo - you can turn texts off whenever you want.. just put your phone into any of the data only options around and no more texts till you turn it off.. texts need 1x to come in remember, evdo only doesnt allow for txts.. now that i think about it though, it wouldnt let calls in either... try callfirewall it also handles texts you can set all your contacts into the blacklist, then when you activate the blacklist and no texts... unless of course someone whos number you dont have saved texts

myhollowworld2 04-29-2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1726513)
my girl has metro and gets no service at work..when she walks out they all come in randomly.. i tell her just pull the battery and turn it back on when you get outside.. works for her, but thats on metro..

While this may work, it's got to be one of the most annoying solutions. I've yet to try it, but there's got to be something a LITTLE more convenient?

shaggylive 04-29-2010 08:31 PM

I want this too, so it doesn't interupt me with sms updates of the game i'm trying to watch via skyfire.