PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

View Poll Results: Am I wrong?
Yes 47 97.92%
No 1 2.08%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 12:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

riot20 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
remove spyware on htc touch pro 2

I have Verizon, windows mobile 6.1 and I know my douchebag boss has spyware on my company cell phone...there are 50 others in the office that would have the same problem....who would help me figure out how to find this spyware so I can get this pric fired?
I tried to download f-secure, but the phone wouldnt recognize it....anything free out there? Any way of finding it in the registry?
if your "one of those" bosses and want to reply...just remember that one of your employees is like me and WILL kick your ass when they find out what you did. I promise you....we WILL kick your ass!
Old 04-29-2010, 01:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: MotoQ
Carrier: Sprint

gaping46and2 is a n00b
Re: remove spyware on htc touch pro 2

Why not just do a hard reset?
Old 04-29-2010, 10:50 AM
Pao
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Pao is keeping up the good workPao is keeping up the good work

Probably because he wants to get him fired for even attempting to do something so asinine.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:07 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

spyware for what? browsing hstory? location based to see if your where your supposed to be?
Old 04-29-2010, 11:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

if the company owns the phones they have every right to put on them what they want and you tampering with it could result in YOU being fired for defacing company property.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

ya i'm afraid you don't have much of an option here. if it is a company cell phone they have the rights to it and whatever is on it. if you don't like it, don't use it.

as for spyware, i'm not really aware of any that can be put on the phone without you being able to find it. what makes you think something is there?

you can download a task manager and see everything that is running on the phone with the option to kill it. but doing something like this may be against company policies or something that would end up in terminitation for you.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:25 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

A couple things to reiterate what others have said:

1. How do you know there is spyware on the phones?

2. If it's a company owned phone then tampering with it could quickly become a you problem.

3. Related to #2, if it's not "your" phone then don't use it for anything but business.

4. Also, I don't know how long you're gonna last at your job if most of your energy is spent trying to rally "50 other employees" to get the boss fired.

5. Not to be rude....but....related to #4, perhaps you should consider a new job where the expectations and the professionalism of the working environment are not challenging you so much...nomesayin'?

late,
Coz
Old 04-29-2010, 12:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

also, not that i'm complaining as this is an interesting topic i might not have otherwise seen but, why is this in the tp1 forum?
Old 04-29-2010, 12:37 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamagc View Post
also, not that i'm complaining as this is an interesting topic i might not have otherwise seen but, why is this in the tp1 forum?
I moved this bad boy for us.

late,
Coz
Old 04-29-2010, 01:37 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by riot20 View Post
I have Verizon, windows mobile 6.1 and I know my douchebag boss has spyware on my company cell phone...there are 50 others in the office that would have the same problem....who would help me figure out how to find this spyware so I can get this pric fired?
I tried to download f-secure, but the phone wouldnt recognize it....anything free out there? Any way of finding it in the registry?
if your "one of those" bosses and want to reply...just remember that one of your employees is like me and WILL kick your ass when they find out what you did. I promise you....we WILL kick your ass!
The phone belongs to your bosses. Do not make any changes and get fired. My sister had a company phone and they would not give here a usb cord even thou she could buy one. Do as she did buy you own phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2