PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   remove spyware on htc touch pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119552)

riot20 04-29-2010 12:28 AM

remove spyware on htc touch pro 2

I have Verizon, windows mobile 6.1 and I know my douchebag boss has spyware on my company cell phone...there are 50 others in the office that would have the same problem....who would help me figure out how to find this spyware so I can get this pric fired?
I tried to download f-secure, but the phone wouldnt recognize it....anything free out there? Any way of finding it in the registry?
if your "one of those" bosses and want to reply...just remember that one of your employees is like me and WILL kick your ass when they find out what you did. I promise you....we WILL kick your ass!

gaping46and2 04-29-2010 01:24 AM

Re: remove spyware on htc touch pro 2

Why not just do a hard reset?

Pao 04-29-2010 10:50 AM

Probably because he wants to get him fired for even attempting to do something so asinine.

austin420 04-29-2010 11:07 AM

spyware for what? browsing hstory? location based to see if your where your supposed to be?

Mylt1 04-29-2010 11:09 AM

if the company owns the phones they have every right to put on them what they want and you tampering with it could result in YOU being fired for defacing company property.

hamagc 04-29-2010 12:15 PM

ya i'm afraid you don't have much of an option here. if it is a company cell phone they have the rights to it and whatever is on it. if you don't like it, don't use it.

as for spyware, i'm not really aware of any that can be put on the phone without you being able to find it. what makes you think something is there?

you can download a task manager and see everything that is running on the phone with the option to kill it. but doing something like this may be against company policies or something that would end up in terminitation for you.

CozBoogie 04-29-2010 12:25 PM

A couple things to reiterate what others have said:

1. How do you know there is spyware on the phones?

2. If it's a company owned phone then tampering with it could quickly become a you problem.

3. Related to #2, if it's not "your" phone then don't use it for anything but business.

4. Also, I don't know how long you're gonna last at your job if most of your energy is spent trying to rally "50 other employees" to get the boss fired.

5. Not to be rude....but....related to #4, perhaps you should consider a new job where the expectations and the professionalism of the working environment are not challenging you so much...nomesayin'?

late,
Coz

hamagc 04-29-2010 12:30 PM

also, not that i'm complaining as this is an interesting topic i might not have otherwise seen but, why is this in the tp1 forum?

CozBoogie 04-29-2010 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamagc (Post 1726077)
also, not that i'm complaining as this is an interesting topic i might not have otherwise seen but, why is this in the tp1 forum?

I moved this bad boy for us.

late,
Coz

dallas contractor 04-29-2010 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riot20 (Post 1725428)
I have Verizon, windows mobile 6.1 and I know my douchebag boss has spyware on my company cell phone...there are 50 others in the office that would have the same problem....who would help me figure out how to find this spyware so I can get this pric fired?
I tried to download f-secure, but the phone wouldnt recognize it....anything free out there? Any way of finding it in the registry?
if your "one of those" bosses and want to reply...just remember that one of your employees is like me and WILL kick your ass when they find out what you did. I promise you....we WILL kick your ass!

The phone belongs to your bosses. Do not make any changes and get fired. My sister had a company phone and they would not give here a usb cord even thou she could buy one. Do as she did buy you own phone.