PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   ignore call w/o voicemail (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119549)

ulysses 04-29-2010 12:11 AM

ignore call w/o voicemail

is there a way to ignore a call without having it sent to voicemail? currently what i have to do is answer then hang up... but there's got to be an easier way. the reason i ask is because i have "those" people that feel they *MUST* leave a vm everytime.. and it normally goes like this "hey man, it's joe, i called you but you didn't answer. alright man, talk to you later.. this is joe by the way"

thanks,
-u

1999TL 04-29-2010 12:20 AM

Re: ignore call w/o voicemail

We need visual voicemail on Sprint...

darren.wlsn1 04-29-2010 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ulysses (Post 1725391)
is there a way to ignore a call without having it sent to voicemail? currently what i have to do is answer then hang up... but there's got to be an easier way. the reason i ask is because i have "those" people that feel they *MUST* leave a vm everytime.. and it normally goes like this "hey man, it's joe, i called you but you didn't answer. alright man, talk to you later.. this is joe by the way"

thanks,
-u

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...wall-v1-4.html
block it

saibot 04-29-2010 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1999TL (Post 1725412)
We need visual voicemail on Sprint...

Already plenty of options for that now that Sprint offers free conditional forwarding.

razgriz1138 04-29-2010 09:21 AM

I use YouMail for my VM service, and I can set up a contact list with instructions for call screening. For example, if I have a particularly annoying client, I add him to the list that intercepts the call and dumps it right to voicemail. My Ex-wife...doesn't give her an option to leave a message etc...would this work for you?

ulysses 04-29-2010 01:55 PM

thanks, i have looked into that before, but i was hoping of something within the "receiving call" screen, like "Ignore, answer, drop the call" lol

khaney 04-29-2010 02:09 PM

I agree, an option button to "Drop the Call" would be nice. Once people catch on to the fact that everyone has caller ID, and therefore know they called, we'll all stop getting 20 45 second voicemails per day that say "........Joe........call me back......" and each take us 1 minute to check/delete, while all other incoming calls create lame and annoying call waiting issues just so we can delete junk voicemails! This is like spam to real callers during high call times of the day, and REAL voicemails get shuffled in with the ones we all just want to delete, anyhow, and not checked since there are already 4, 5, 9, etc. voicemails waiting to be "checked"/deleted.

The president of my company calls it the "FU button," and hits it about 10 times every time we have a meeting. He has a Blackberry Curve, not sure if it's a real FU button, or if he, too, gets junk emails when he hits it.

Anyone out there know how to add an "FU button" as an option, just to pick up, and hang up, without the caller having the option to leave a voicemail?

Many thanks!

rn4emp 04-29-2010 02:29 PM

There is a great app called Magicall It does everything you want to do. plus it does it for sms. But if they send a mms then it would go through. But very good app. I love it

darren.wlsn1 04-29-2010 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rn4emp (Post 1726330)
There is a great app called Magicall It does everything you want to do. plus it does it for sms. But if they send a mms then it would go through. But very good app. I love it

thats what i use, not free but best out imo.

quick99si 04-29-2010 04:10 PM

Magicall, as mentioned, lets you do this by picking up and dropping the call. In my experience, there is a 2-3 second period during which the call is actually connected :/