PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 11:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 800W
Carrier: Sprint

realdeal is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Easier way to delete an email?

Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2

When I am reading an email, is there an easier way to delete other than having to hit the menu button and then delete?
Old 04-29-2010, 12:40 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Easier way to delete an email?

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeal View Post
Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2

When I am reading an email, is there an easier way to delete other than having to hit the menu button and then delete?
not that i know of if your reading it
Old 04-29-2010, 12:43 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

if you have the keyboard open you can use the FN and back space keys for "del" its the fastest way i've found to clean out the inbox
Old 04-29-2010, 01:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

I'm not sure it's easier, but you can long press anywhere in the message body and select delete. Takes longer than menu->delete though.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good work

i use keyboard controller to map volume keys to be up and down only in email. then it is easy to scroll up and down in the inbox and delete mail with the left softkey. so usually i just close emails when done reading them and then scroll through the inbox deleting ones i've read.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

fastmike is keeping up the good workfastmike is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivwonka View Post
i use keyboard controller to map volume keys to be up and down only in email. then it is easy to scroll up and down in the inbox and delete mail with the left softkey.
OMG why did I not know you can map keys only for email???

Thanked!
Old 04-29-2010, 12:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmike View Post
OMG why did I not know you can map keys only for email???

Thanked!
Yes that's cool. +1 on the thanks. Funny how we set up these things for general uses (like a control key) and completely forget app-specific options. Can someone post the keyboard config (or did you already do it in the "post your keyboard config" thread). Save me some precious time learning how to do it...

Another tip I discovered in email (not sure if this is widespread knowledge or not)...at least on the stock Sprint 6.5 ROM, if you touch an email in the inbox view way to the left, just over the little message icon, you get an instant context menu that you can use to delete. So it's a way to select and delete a single message the way you used to be able to do by navigating with the d-pad. Kind of a nice feature.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 800W
Threadstarter

realdeal is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivwonka View Post
i use keyboard controller to map volume keys to be up and down only in email. then it is easy to scroll up and down in the inbox and delete mail with the left softkey. so usually i just close emails when done reading them and then scroll through the inbox deleting ones i've read.

Can you explain in more detail how you did this and how exactly it works. Also are any special programs needed?

Thanks
Old 04-29-2010, 07:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

vfrjim is a n00b

Since this is on the topic of deleting emails, is there any way to delete the email without getting the NAG screen when deleting the email? Maybe a registry hack?
Old 04-29-2010, 09:56 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrjim View Post
Since this is on the topic of deleting emails, is there any way to delete the email without getting the NAG screen when deleting the email? Maybe a registry hack?
are you talking about an "are you sure" type of screen?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2