PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 10:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: AT&T

Khemistry is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down Sprint TP2: Screen turns on ... drains battery!

Hey, everyone...

I've been having a problem with my Sprint TP2, especially after modding it with the new Cookies 1.7.1...

I usually charge up my TP2 right before I go to bed. When I wake-up in the morning, the phone is down to about 90% battery life. That sounds pretty normal and not an issue. Sometimes, some phenomenon will occur over night, and the phone will be down to about 70-80% battery life. Again, sounds pretty normal.

But, sometimes, such as today, an even bigger phenomenon will occur ... I awoke this morning to find my phone down to almost 10% BATTERY LIFE! The screen was also turned on (albeit dimmed) with a message blaring across the screen telling me the battery was down to 10% and I should turn the phone off and recharge to prevent possible data loss. This has happened numerous times before ... my phone's screen will somehow turn on during the night, and then on top of that, it will not turn it's self off after a certain period of time.

I'm so pissed off right now because I have to go out and I really don't have time to fully charge my phone, and the crap is almost dead. I'm so sick of this happening. To my knowledge, I have my phone set in a way that it should turn it's self off after a while if it isn't being used, but that never seems to happen.

Does anyone know what could be happening and if so, how to fix it? Sorry for the huge rant ... but I wanted to be extremely detailed. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:07 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Re: Sprint TP2: Screen turns on ... drains battery!

unless your using it as an alarm clock, you could accually turn it off at night. or leave it plugged in all night. ive got mine set to turn off the screen in 1 miniute, and its always worked. occasionaly, it will light up, like im about to get a text, but nothing comes through, but it always goes back off at the predetermined time. personally, i leave mine charging all night, and in the morning, even if the light is green, i unplug it for a second, then plug it back in while im getting ready. that way i max the charge.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Khemistry is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Sprint TP2: Screen turns on ... drains battery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
unless your using it as an alarm clock, you could accually turn it off at night. or leave it plugged in all night. ive got mine set to turn off the screen in 1 miniute, and its always worked. occasionaly, it will light up, like im about to get a text, but nothing comes through, but it always goes back off at the predetermined time. personally, i leave mine charging all night, and in the morning, even if the light is green, i unplug it for a second, then plug it back in while im getting ready. that way i max the charge.
Yeah, I use my phone as an alarm so I can't turn it off. You'd think for a phone as expensive as this one, HTC could have found a way to wake the phone with an alarm. My now antiquated Blackberry Curve could even do something this minute. I could fully turn it off at night, but if I had any alarms scheduled, the phone would actually turn its self on so the alarm could go off. Thanks for the reply though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2