PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 10:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Mike5150 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Random issues

I'm having several problems that randomly occur, and I would LOVE some help with them.

1) I can't answer my phone most of the time. I slide to answer, and it just freezes. Sometimes if I say hello enough times it will finally answer, but usually I just miss the call. Once in a while it will answer normal, and I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it's related to when there is an open data connection.

2) The proximity sensor (I'm guessing that's what it's called) is randomly not working. Every once in a while I'm able to press buttons with my face while on a call. Usually it shuts the screen off when my face is within an inch or 2.

3) I use Phone Alarm to handle all my sounds, and like my other problems it randomly skips alarms or it will only vibrate even though volume is up, and profile is set to play sound too.

Any ideas?
Old 05-10-2010, 10:59 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik
Re: Random issues

Sounds like youve got apps installed that aren't playing nice together...
Old 05-11-2010, 04:13 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

1-2) are you running custom rom? if its stock rom that could be the issue, ive had a stock rom not like apps i was running also are your apps installed to storage card?

3) i have this issue with galarm, but i dont know how to fix it.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:18 AM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

My usual answer is reflash. Always does the trick
Old 05-11-2010, 04:34 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

+1 on more info. answer call issue is usually caused by a "disconnect data after" cab or reg edit.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:05 AM
Super Senior VIP Member

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
+1 on more info. answer call issue is usually caused by a "disconnect data after" cab or reg edit.
lol darren. i totally forgot about that issue because everytime i flash i have a cab now with a bunch of registry tweaks and one of them is this tweak LOL. thanks for reminding me and helping others about this problem.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Threadstarter

Mike5150 is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

I am running a custom ROM, Mr. X latest ROM to be specific. I have been running it for about 3 weeks, but have just started noticing problems recently. I install most apps to storage card.

as for the "disconnect data after". I do have one installed, are you saying that could cause my answering problem? I'll try uninstalling it to see if it fixes it.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:40 AM
Super Senior VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike5150 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

I am running a custom ROM, Mr. X latest ROM to be specific. I have been running it for about 3 weeks, but have just started noticing problems recently. I install most apps to storage card.

as for the "disconnect data after". I do have one installed, are you saying that could cause my answering problem? I'll try uninstalling it to see if it fixes it.
why do you install to storage card? you got enough internal space. that COULD be your slow issue. also what specific "disconnect after data" are you using?
the problem i have with that is in the reg it has "~GPRS" in the key. thats a no no for us CDMA users.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:25 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
why do you install to storage card? you got enough internal space. that COULD be your slow issue. also what specific "disconnect after data" are you using?
the problem i have with that is in the reg it has "~GPRS" in the key. thats a no no for us CDMA users.
not sure how, but after 3 weeks I was down to 7mb of free program memory. did a cleartemp and got it up to 13mb. time for a fresh cooked ROM!!!

Old 05-12-2010, 06:07 AM
Super Senior VIP Member

i would say! what rom are you currently running right now?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2