PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 05:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

robrecht is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Messaging App Disappeared

I've searched and searched and cannot find anyone with a similar problem.

My MS Messaging App has disappeared. If I go to Start, All Programs, there is no app called "Messaging." I'm pretty sure it was there before as I think I used it to set up custom signatures in two of my email accounts. I think this missing app is also the one that allows me to save e-mail attachments on my SD card. Everything else is working fine except I cannot change my signatures, nor can I delete an email account. I still have a program called "E-mail," which takes me to the in box of an email program. I still have an app called "Mail Setup," which allows me to 'choose a mail provider' to set up a new email account. But I no longer have a program called "Messaging." I have a subdirectory called "Messaging" in the "Windows" folder, but no executables in this folder or anywhere else I can think of, certainly not in Windows/Start Menu.

I've only done a few tweaks and added a few programs to my stock Verizon TP2 6.5 ROM. I did some reg edits to unlock some of the locked icons/programs (Contacts, Calendar, Settings) in the Manila Start Menu (since I'm using these tabs don't need them on the Start/Programs menu. Also installed Slingbox mobile, Google Maps/Search, youtubeplay, PHM reg editor, and I think that's about it. Email and everything else works fine.

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-28-2010, 11:03 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Messaging App Disappeared

just reinstall arcsoft.. that should fix ya
Old 04-28-2010, 12:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: proud owner of a samsung epic 4g!!!
Carrier: sprint

2kidz is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to 2kidz

Quote:
Originally Posted by robrecht View Post
I've searched and searched and cannot find anyone with a similar problem.

My MS Messaging App has disappeared. If I go to Start, All Programs, there is no app called "Messaging." I'm pretty sure it was there before as I think I used it to set up custom signatures in two of my email accounts. I think this missing app is also the one that allows me to save e-mail attachments on my SD card. Everything else is working fine except I cannot change my signatures, nor can I delete an email account. I still have a program called "E-mail," which takes me to the in box of an email program. I still have an app called "Mail Setup," which allows me to 'choose a mail provider' to set up a new email account. But I no longer have a program called "Messaging." I have a subdirectory called "Messaging" in the "Windows" folder, but no executables in this folder or anywhere else I can think of, certainly not in Windows/Start Menu.

I've only done a few tweaks and added a few programs to my stock Verizon TP2 6.5 ROM. I did some reg edits to unlock some of the locked icons/programs (Contacts, Calendar, Settings) in the Manila Start Menu (since I'm using these tabs don't need them on the Start/Programs menu. Also installed Slingbox mobile, Google Maps/Search, youtubeplay, PHM reg editor, and I think that's about it. Email and everything else works fine.

Thanks in advance!
while mine was missing too, i was able to find it inside outlook in the programs window....lemme know if this works for u or if u were able to locate it...
Old 04-28-2010, 12:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO
Carrier: Sprint

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

The application is located in the Windows folder and is tmail.exe.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:38 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

robrecht is a n00b

I had already tried tmail.exe in the Windows folder but that just goes directly to the in-box of one of my email accounts (same as the program called "E-mail"). It does not allow me to modify any accounts, eg, modifying signatures, etc.

Not really familiar with ArcSoft, did that come already installed?

Last edited by robrecht; 04-28-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:54 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

robrecht is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
just reinstall arcsoft.. that should fix ya
OK, found imnuts' most recent ArcSoft cab and installed it. It didn't bring back the set-up part of Messaging, 'though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2