PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Messaging App Disappeared (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119463)

robrecht 04-28-2010 05:39 AM

Messaging App Disappeared

I've searched and searched and cannot find anyone with a similar problem.

My MS Messaging App has disappeared. If I go to Start, All Programs, there is no app called "Messaging." I'm pretty sure it was there before as I think I used it to set up custom signatures in two of my email accounts. I think this missing app is also the one that allows me to save e-mail attachments on my SD card. Everything else is working fine except I cannot change my signatures, nor can I delete an email account. I still have a program called "E-mail," which takes me to the in box of an email program. I still have an app called "Mail Setup," which allows me to 'choose a mail provider' to set up a new email account. But I no longer have a program called "Messaging." I have a subdirectory called "Messaging" in the "Windows" folder, but no executables in this folder or anywhere else I can think of, certainly not in Windows/Start Menu.

I've only done a few tweaks and added a few programs to my stock Verizon TP2 6.5 ROM. I did some reg edits to unlock some of the locked icons/programs (Contacts, Calendar, Settings) in the Manila Start Menu (since I'm using these tabs don't need them on the Start/Programs menu. Also installed Slingbox mobile, Google Maps/Search, youtubeplay, PHM reg editor, and I think that's about it. Email and everything else works fine.

Thanks in advance!

boredandtattooed 04-28-2010 11:03 AM

Re: Messaging App Disappeared

just reinstall arcsoft.. that should fix ya

2kidz 04-28-2010 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robrecht (Post 1723779)
I've searched and searched and cannot find anyone with a similar problem.

My MS Messaging App has disappeared. If I go to Start, All Programs, there is no app called "Messaging." I'm pretty sure it was there before as I think I used it to set up custom signatures in two of my email accounts. I think this missing app is also the one that allows me to save e-mail attachments on my SD card. Everything else is working fine except I cannot change my signatures, nor can I delete an email account. I still have a program called "E-mail," which takes me to the in box of an email program. I still have an app called "Mail Setup," which allows me to 'choose a mail provider' to set up a new email account. But I no longer have a program called "Messaging." I have a subdirectory called "Messaging" in the "Windows" folder, but no executables in this folder or anywhere else I can think of, certainly not in Windows/Start Menu.

I've only done a few tweaks and added a few programs to my stock Verizon TP2 6.5 ROM. I did some reg edits to unlock some of the locked icons/programs (Contacts, Calendar, Settings) in the Manila Start Menu (since I'm using these tabs don't need them on the Start/Programs menu. Also installed Slingbox mobile, Google Maps/Search, youtubeplay, PHM reg editor, and I think that's about it. Email and everything else works fine.

Thanks in advance!

while mine was missing too, i was able to find it inside outlook in the programs window....lemme know if this works for u or if u were able to locate it...

BenC 04-28-2010 12:26 PM

The application is located in the Windows folder and is tmail.exe.

robrecht 04-28-2010 01:38 PM

I had already tried tmail.exe in the Windows folder but that just goes directly to the in-box of one of my email accounts (same as the program called "E-mail"). It does not allow me to modify any accounts, eg, modifying signatures, etc.

Not really familiar with ArcSoft, did that come already installed?

robrecht 04-28-2010 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1724047)
just reinstall arcsoft.. that should fix ya

OK, found imnuts' most recent ArcSoft cab and installed it. It didn't bring back the set-up part of Messaging, 'though.