PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 02:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

redlegend is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to redlegend Send a message via MSN to redlegend
HELP! Stock VZW ROM = data, but no voice?

Hey everyone, I'm really sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, and I swear I looked, but I'm kind of panicked.

I unlocked long ago, have been running NRGZ ROMs since, never a problem. This morning I downloaded the stock VZW ROM from the Stock ROMs thread, flashed it, updated programming and now I can get data just fine (email syncing, IE ok), but no voice WHATSOEVER. I can't call out (VZW can't verify...) nor call in. It rings for a second, shows up on the phone for a second, and then drops the call.

I'm absolutely lost and desperate to have voice back. Everyone's always been really helpful so I'm hoping someone can help me out of this jam.

I have the VZW TP2, the VZW Radio, and tried the VZW ROM. What am I missing? TIA.

Last edited by redlegend; 04-27-2010 at 07:11 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

willyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIP
Re: HELP! Stock VZW ROM = date, but no voice?

You could try and re-download the VZW stock 6.5 update from here and see if it helps

http://www.pcdphones.com/phone_downl...erizonWireless
Old 04-27-2010, 03:35 PM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8

Nothing is wrong don't worry. Try dialing **22889

If that doesn't work try #832

If all of those don't work for you call verizon and tell them after activating your phone you are unable to send and receive calls.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonsnow8 View Post
Nothing is wrong don't worry. Try dialing **22889

If that doesn't work try #832

If all of those don't work for you call verizon and tell them after activating your phone you are unable to send and receive calls.
Do you mean *22899 for updating the programming? I did that a couple times, nada.

#832 does the same thing: rings for a minute and then says "we cannot authenticate your phone"

I'll call VZW if the next thing or 2 don't work, but I just don't get it. I've flashed a million times, but when trying to go back to stock I get this? Oy.

Last edited by redlegend; 04-27-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:07 PM
Tree Trunk Killa

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I experience this issue when I flash dance (and especially when I switch back to the stock ROM during the flash dance process). Every time it has happened and none of those solutions worked I would call VZW, tell them I cannot receive or send calls after programming and all is back to normal.

Last edited by burtonsnow8; 04-27-2010 at 05:10 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

After all attempts, I had to call VZW and go through the standard troubleshooting before I got the techy tech's who helped me input a new Authentication number. After that, all was well. Apparently in the process of flashing to the stock VZW ROM listed in the Stock ROM thread, the original authentication number got erased.

Thanks all for the input, I always appreciate the community's help. My hands have ceased shaking
Old 04-27-2010, 07:22 PM
VIP Member

willyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIP
Re: HELP! Stock VZW ROM = data, but no voice?

Glad it worked out for you....usually, if you need to re-authenticate, it tells you when you try to make a call?!
Old 04-27-2010, 07:26 PM
Tree Trunk Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyjay View Post
usually, if you need to re-authenticate, it tells you when you try to make a call?!

I think he stated that when he said:

Quote:
I can't call out (VZW can't verify...) nor call in.

Congrats on getting your phone working
Old 04-27-2010, 07:48 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonsnow8 View Post
I think he stated that when he said:

Congrats on getting your phone working
Usually when I need to re-authenticate, it will tell you to call *8877 or 7788 or something like that when you try to make a call. I didn't get that from the op's post, sorry if I missed interpreted.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2