PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 07:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: Verizon

elnene20 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WinMo Being Phased Out

So thats what I heard!! I called a Verizon store because my brother would like to own the Almighty TP2 and get rid of his BBstorm. When I spoke to the store owner there he said they do not carry the phone anymore because its discontinued....Really?? But he could order it for me and have it with in a few days. He said he will not be carrying anymore WM devices due to no support and was talking about how Microsoft blames HTC and Vise Versa for there lack of support. He said if my brother wants to get a phone he is better off going Android. He also mentioned how VZ will be getting the Iphone for next year! Intersting none the less, But back on topic!

So it kinda makes sense about no more WinMo seeing as how Crapy 6.5 is for Sprint and how long. I mean How LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG it takes them to come out with a decent rom, and when we get it its no where near our expectations!! IMO....and then I get on here and the first thing I see is how Android is on track to surpass apple app store!! So if you ask me Android is on fire, and I think WinMo feels the heat!!

Plus if you look at all the devices coming out in the near future there all running Android....dont quote me on that.....
Old 04-26-2010, 07:55 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: WinMo Being Phased Out

With WP7 no close on the horizon there isn't much use for continued development and investment into a dying platform. I love WM by the way, but I too understand that if I want to stay current I will have to jump to WP7 or Android.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

racemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuff

He's just an indirect dealer who didn't have any tp2 in stock so he wanted to sell what was in his inventory. Thats all
Old 04-26-2010, 08:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

newkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnene20 View Post
So thats what I heard!! I called a Verizon store because my brother would like to own the Almighty TP2 and get rid of his BBstorm. When I spoke to the store owner there he said they do not carry the phone anymore because its discontinued....Really?? But he could order it for me and have it with in a few days. He said he will not be carrying anymore WM devices due to no support and was talking about how Microsoft blames HTC and Vise Versa for there lack of support. He said if my brother wants to get a phone he is better off going Android. He also mentioned how VZ will be getting the Iphone for next year! Intersting none the less, But back on topic!

So it kinda makes sense about no more WinMo seeing as how Crapy 6.5 is for Sprint and how long. I mean How LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG it takes them to come out with a decent rom, and when we get it its no where near our expectations!! IMO....and then I get on here and the first thing I see is how Android is on track to surpass apple app store!! So if you ask me Android is on fire, and I think WinMo feels the heat!!

Plus if you look at all the devices coming out in the near future there all running Android....dont quote me on that.....

you might be right. Android is the next up and coming thing. And sprint's 6.5 software is crappy, but that is only because Microsoft wouldnt let anything other than 6.5.1 be released for the phone. If you have the right connections, you can also get a baller rom for your phone that will sort all your needs.

But as a Tech rep at sprint, i can honestly count on my left hand how many Touch Pro 2's have come back for repairs, and so far my tally sheet from the beginning of the year i am at 1,693 android devices that are coming back in need of hard resets because someone downloaded some software and now their phone force closes all the time.

WIndows mobile may be being phased out, but there is always going to be roms cooked up that will tickle your fancy. heck the android is even being ported to windows mobile so you can have the best of both worlds!

WM 6.5 may be being phased, but the heartbeat of the windows mobile community is like a heard of elk.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:04 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

Quote:
Originally Posted by racemepls View Post
He's just an indirect dealer who didn't have any tp2 in stock so he wanted to sell what was in his inventory. Thats all

I would have to agree here. The guy was trying to make a sale on what he had in his store. It's kinda bassackwards on the sale pitch, he should have tried to help better. If he would have ordered the phone his store would have gotten credit but I wouldn't let that entice your position on WM.

Give some
Old 04-26-2010, 08:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Threadstarter

elnene20 is becoming a great contributor

Well for me. I am a WM fan and would hate to go android and will continue to be untill all the chefs here decide not to cook any more roms...But its a dying platform and with very little support.. Yes I know its hard to believe but I think sooner than later we will all be running androids....
Old 04-26-2010, 08:43 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Verizon is so full of crap they make my septic tank smell like a rose garden.
That said, WinMo is being phased out...and replaced with WindowsPhone.
I agree too that the guy may just have been wanting to move a phone to an "uninformed" buyer.

David
Old 04-26-2010, 09:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Tectronus is keeping up the good workTectronus is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by newkidd View Post

WM 6.5 may be being phased, but the heartbeat of the windows mobile community is like a heard of elk.
Awesome Quote! you should sig it!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: SPRINT

sarcigon is just getting started
Thumbs up Re: WinMo Being Phased Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by racemepls View Post
I agree.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:57 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

lol, reminds me of how verizon killed skype on ppc's, but now is suddenly advertising the capability on droid.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2