PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Please help with this backlight issue / sod (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119414)

es101346 04-27-2010 04:20 PM

Please help with this backlight issue / sod

Hey guys, getting really aggravated with my Touch Pro 2. Lumos doesn't work because the sensor doesn't pick up any light. My backlight settings don't do anything, i lower them all the way and the backlight stays the same. I have to reset my phone everytime my phone goes on sleep, i tried re-flashing, using task29, clearing storage over and over, stock rom > task 29 > stock rom > clear storage > new rom... etc... and still nothing works. What should I do?

DeMoNFLiP 04-27-2010 11:19 PM

Re: Please help with this backlight issue / sod

i had that issue before so let me try to help you...

did you install any type of tweaks or cabs after you've flashed?

and other thing once your phone boots up you gotta let your phone run on it's own for awhile. sounds crazy but i found this happen alot on most ROMS i've tried where your phone just booted up from a reset or power on. once your phone is fully running you shouldn't have the SOD.

most likely it's the cabs you use to install to your phone that cause the SOD.

for me, i found that the sprint clean up cab and the bg4all cab were the cause to SOD. Now i'm 2 weeks running SOD free. No matter how hard i tried to get one!

hope this helps....cheers!

es101346 04-28-2010 12:57 AM

Hey, thanks for the info. & no, I haven't installed a single cab. I was getting SOD on stock rom from the HTC website.

I'm still wondering why in the world will my backlight not even dim down or go up. Its at one level and no settings will change it.

DeMoNFLiP 04-28-2010 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by es101346 (Post 1723618)
Hey, thanks for the info. & no, I haven't installed a single cab. I was getting SOD on stock rom from the HTC website.

I'm still wondering why in the world will my backlight not even dim down or go up. Its at one level and no settings will change it.

to be honest. i've dealt with the SOD for weeks after i upgraded to 6.5. the first few days after i upgrade i didn't have that problem till i was searching for tweaks and cabs to optimize my phone. after customizing my phone and adding tweaks i soon notice that i was getting the SOD and often! i even got to the point where i reverted back to stock 6.1 because i got tired of the SOD. but eventually i went back to 6.5 in attempt to conquer the SOD lol. after constantly using task29 and flashing Stock and then Custom and then back and testing out every cab i use that triggers the SOD and that problem eventually went away. worst case scenario is that it maybe the hardware but you would have to go in deeper to find out if that's the case.

Fr3nZy 08-31-2010 08:53 AM

I developed the SOD/backlight issue a few days ago but I didn't realize until today that the backlight was effected too. The phone ran fine for months on sprints stock rom and nothing was changed or installed on the phone for weeks. Then, all of a sudden the phone wouldn't wakeup from standby. The buttons and keypad light would come on if I slide the keyboard out but the phone would still be stuck in standby. This is a pain! especially when the screen turns off during a call and i cant even use the endkey button or the oskb. I flashed to NRG roms thinking my rom got corrupted but no dice. I then task29 and flashed back to sprint stock and it still happens everytime.

I disabled autosleep and I noticed that the lcd no longer autodims since the issue started. when I tried to adjust the backlight levels the brightness wouldn't respond to the settings. I even put them on there lowest and restarted and nothing changed. I don't know if the communication problem between the OS and backlight is a hardware or software issue, I'm guess it's hardware and is the cause of the SOD.

any advice? I'll mostly likely have to junk it if it's a hardware issue :(

creedo 08-31-2010 11:17 PM

So we still don't know what causes SOD? I get them occasionally, not very often but it's annoying. I kind of feel like it happens when you get a lot of inputs at once or some heavy processing going on the phone. Like if I turn off the screen during google maps loading a satellite view while opera 10 is also running, or I accidentally mashed a lot of touch screen stuff and the screen isn't responding to taps for a minute. Maybe it's my imagination. Anyone get them when nothing is running and there's plenty of ram available? I am also more likely to cause problems if I just booted into sense. Even after the "hourglass" goes away, the phone is still thinking hard and not very responsive for a little bit.

eric12341 09-01-2010 12:24 AM

WM6.5 causes them, I have no backlight issues on the 6.1 rom I'm running

redd214 09-01-2010 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 1931037)
WM6.5 causes them, I have no backlight issues on the 6.1 rom I'm running

Incorrect again bud, i have never had backlight or SOD problems and I have been running nothing but 6.5 since the unlocker first came out

Fr3nZy 09-02-2010 11:54 AM

does anyone know how to prevent the screen from turning off when you bring the phone to your face during a call? Once it turns off it's permanent until I poke reset.

creedo 09-02-2010 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fr3nZy (Post 1932710)
does anyone know how to prevent the screen from turning off when you bring the phone to your face during a call? Once it turns off it's permanent until I poke reset.

google found this, for tp 1. might work for you?
otherwise make the speakerphone your friend.

one dumb idea. overclocking is known to cause sod. you could underclock your phone a bit :p