PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 03:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC "Supersonic" Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint WiMAX 4G

richardrk is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is WinMo7 on Pro2 a Possibility?

Ok here is the deal. I just got done talking to my local RadioShack rep as I am interested in the Evo. He offered to say that my Pro2 if brought in would fetch me about 140 dollars off the price of the Evo. So my questions is... Is there at all any possibility that any of you may think that WinMo 7 Series will made available for us Pro2 geekers? If so I want to keep my Pro2 and still pick up the Evo. But if not ill just trade the thing in...

My Post made WMExperts
PPC-6601 http://www.wmexperts.com/friday-fun-...want-all-power
Old 04-27-2010, 03:49 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Is WinMo7 on Pro2 a Possibility?

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardrk View Post
Ok here is the deal. I just got done talking to my local RadioShack rep as I am interested in the Evo. He offered to say that my Pro2 if brought in would fetch me about 140 dollars off the price of the Evo. So my questions is... Is there at all any possibility that any of you may think that WinMo 7 Series will made available for us Pro2 geekers? If so I want to keep my Pro2 and still pick up the Evo. But if not ill just trade the thing in...
wp7 will not happen on tp2, done. theres 50 threads on why
Old 04-27-2010, 04:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mahlon is a n00b

140 bucks for the TP2? Sounds like the kind of ripping off Radio Shack would try to pull.

Even if they don't release an official WM7 for the TP2, I am certain it will be unofficially released on here.

If you want the Evo, sell yer TP2 on eBay, and don't buy it from Radio Shack.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC "Supersonic" Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint WiMAX 4G
Threadstarter

richardrk is becoming a great contributor

What would you guys say a good asking price on Ebay would be?
Old 04-27-2010, 05:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

damecaput is just getting started

see what other TP2 are selling for, and if you want set a reserve at $120
Old 04-27-2010, 05:43 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

the min requirements for wp7 are setfor at least a 1ghz processor, almost twice what we have in the tp2. will wp7 be ported to the tp2, im sure of it. will it be enjoyable or even usable? i doubt it. just my opinion
Old 04-27-2010, 05:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907

Simple answer, no.

But, there will be look a like roms probably. The specs on the TP2 are too low. Search for you question and there are tons of threads on this

Don't click me
Old 04-27-2010, 07:38 PM
PPC Geek's writer
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy 4G
Carrier: tmobile

pixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to pixelpower

Wow thats an incredible answer comming from other developers. Saying that windows phone7 wont run on touchpro2 is amazing. I mean we are all smart people here,right? Has Microsoft fooled everyone that greatly? Wow. Look no matter what anyone says YES the touchpro2 can run WP7 and it would be very useable. I give mega-props to Microsoft for fooling what seems to be everyone. Look Microsoft wants to make you buy the new phones so of course they will make it look out to be that TP2 cant handle WP7 UI. Because people like to ague I wont get into the specs but basically WP7 while having new features added , will have alot of features taken away. Its not as advanced of a ROM as people would like to believe. Reading these comment here has me is in shock. Microsoft isn't that slick , so I think people in thier minds are trying to make it bigger than what it is. I suggest to everyone ,even those who dont like me, to use your head on this one please!! Dont let these greedy companies feed you ridiculous lies.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:59 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

^^lol. i repeat wp7 will be ported to the tp2 but it wont be anywhere near the same as it is for a phone that was built for it. compare the weather animations on an hd2 (has the 1ghz processor required for wp7) to the weather animations on a tp2 side by side. then look at the demo vids of wp7, do u really thing the tp2 can handle that when it can barely get some clouds across the screen?

dont get me wrong. i love my tp2 and will keep it even after i get my incredible in a few days but the hardware is limited, period.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:02 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

LOL How there are responses to this after darren made a quick post saying NO, I don't understand. Wow...LOL

Give some

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2