PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Is WinMo7 on Pro2 a Possibility? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119403)

richardrk 04-27-2010 03:47 PM

Is WinMo7 on Pro2 a Possibility?

Ok here is the deal. I just got done talking to my local RadioShack rep as I am interested in the Evo. He offered to say that my Pro2 if brought in would fetch me about 140 dollars off the price of the Evo. So my questions is... Is there at all any possibility that any of you may think that WinMo 7 Series will made available for us Pro2 geekers? If so I want to keep my Pro2 and still pick up the Evo. But if not ill just trade the thing in...

darren.wlsn1 04-27-2010 03:49 PM

Re: Is WinMo7 on Pro2 a Possibility?

Quote:

Originally Posted by richardrk (Post 1722601)
Ok here is the deal. I just got done talking to my local RadioShack rep as I am interested in the Evo. He offered to say that my Pro2 if brought in would fetch me about 140 dollars off the price of the Evo. So my questions is... Is there at all any possibility that any of you may think that WinMo 7 Series will made available for us Pro2 geekers? If so I want to keep my Pro2 and still pick up the Evo. But if not ill just trade the thing in...

wp7 will not happen on tp2, done. theres 50 threads on why

mahlon 04-27-2010 04:00 PM

140 bucks for the TP2? Sounds like the kind of ripping off Radio Shack would try to pull.

Even if they don't release an official WM7 for the TP2, I am certain it will be unofficially released on here.

If you want the Evo, sell yer TP2 on eBay, and don't buy it from Radio Shack.

richardrk 04-27-2010 05:31 PM

What would you guys say a good asking price on Ebay would be?

damecaput 04-27-2010 05:34 PM

see what other TP2 are selling for, and if you want set a reserve at $120

redd214 04-27-2010 05:43 PM

the min requirements for wp7 are setfor at least a 1ghz processor, almost twice what we have in the tp2. will wp7 be ported to the tp2, im sure of it. will it be enjoyable or even usable? i doubt it. just my opinion

QMeli907 04-27-2010 05:57 PM

Simple answer, no.

But, there will be look a like roms probably. The specs on the TP2 are too low. Search for you question and there are tons of threads on this

pixelpower 04-27-2010 07:38 PM

Wow thats an incredible answer comming from other developers. Saying that windows phone7 wont run on touchpro2 is amazing. I mean we are all smart people here,right? Has Microsoft fooled everyone that greatly? Wow. Look no matter what anyone says YES the touchpro2 can run WP7 and it would be very useable. I give mega-props to Microsoft for fooling what seems to be everyone. Look Microsoft wants to make you buy the new phones so of course they will make it look out to be that TP2 cant handle WP7 UI. Because people like to ague I wont get into the specs but basically WP7 while having new features added , will have alot of features taken away. Its not as advanced of a ROM as people would like to believe. Reading these comment here has me is in shock. Microsoft isn't that slick , so I think people in thier minds are trying to make it bigger than what it is. I suggest to everyone ,even those who dont like me, to use your head on this one please!! Dont let these greedy companies feed you ridiculous lies.

redd214 04-27-2010 08:59 PM

^^lol. i repeat wp7 will be ported to the tp2 but it wont be anywhere near the same as it is for a phone that was built for it. compare the weather animations on an hd2 (has the 1ghz processor required for wp7) to the weather animations on a tp2 side by side. then look at the demo vids of wp7, do u really thing the tp2 can handle that when it can barely get some clouds across the screen?

dont get me wrong. i love my tp2 and will keep it even after i get my incredible in a few days but the hardware is limited, period.

OR78 04-27-2010 09:02 PM

LOL How there are responses to this after darren made a quick post saying NO, I don't understand. Wow...LOL