PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 03:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

THE-COPS is keeping up the good workTHE-COPS is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to THE-COPS
Re: Is WinMo7 on Pro2 a Possibility?

Just because I am not a moderator of PPCG doesn't mean I am a total noob to PPC's or moderating a forum. FYI I moderate at 2 other smartphone based boards and have been doing so on one for awhile. It was just a suggestion, so chill out.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:34 PM
PPC Geek's writer
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy 4G
Carrier: tmobile

pixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to pixelpower

I thank everyone here , because I learn something huge today. I learn why companies have the ability to sell new phones with minimal upgrades and make it to where people feel its an superior product. Yes eye candy graphics with animation will slow any machine down. But think for a second you cant even run the same games and apps for HD2 then touchpro2. There is alot of games and apps that are not compatible , so even though the HD2 has much better processor and eye candy graphics does that make it a better ,high quality upgrade over touchpro2. In my opinion no , it shows Microsoft leaning towards the direction of making you accept lockdown.
Over at xda-developers they already have started on a windowsphone7 build. The touchpro2 that I have under t-mobile doesnt have all these slowdowns that Iam reading here, as on my phone the 6.5 ROM works good with minimal crashes. Iam sure than when a ROM is ready there will be no slowdown like whats being suggested. But I will say Microsoft is very smart, making people believe that they are giving you a huge upgrade.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:48 AM
oZo
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Radar 4G Windows Phone
Carrier: Straight Talk

oZo is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
the min requirements for wp7 are setfor at least a 1ghz processor, almost twice what we have in the tp2. will wp7 be ported to the tp2, im sure of it. will it be enjoyable or even usable? i doubt it. just my opinion
Very valid, but how many people run Windows 7 on a slower, older computer?
The experience will NOT be what it was designed for, but still enjoyable for us flash-a-holics. lol
Old 06-08-2010, 12:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

dgt02 is just getting started

I think the 1GB processor requirement is not a "hard" one. This was posted May 12th and lists "at least 512MB fast flash" and an ARMv6 processor which I believe the Qualcomm 7600 is.

http://www.intomobile.com/2009/05/12...ents-leak.html

TP2 specs:

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdacomp...=1792&id3=1829

I'm not sure about "all requirements" (perepherals), but it seems the TP2 could potentially meet the bare minumum requirements. If not, the TP2 w/WM6.5 is no slouch so we really can't complain.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
our phones can't even run sense 2.5 smoothly.
that's like putting windows 7 on my 10year old gateway. will it install, probably, will it take 5 minutes to open something? definitely.
So true... but I would go as far to say that it never ran ANYTHING smoothly. For us PUSH users, WM phones have been useless forever. Requiring frequent reboots. TP2 was the last straw for me. I switched to EVO Android and all I can say is that Win7 better be good, or it will be the death of Microsoft when it comes to phones. Android OS is the best of both worlds... iPhone + WM + better. Don't waste your time waiting for a port that will never come. Because there won't be any good chefs who care about those phones. They have already been flocking to the droid. That was yet another reason I gave up on WinMo.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Case closed you will never have it on your TP2. Don't believe me ask Conflipper. Now go back to playing with your tinker toys and buy the HTC Scorpion with WP7 when it comes out.
If I helped you, please hit the button.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2>Epic4g>?
Carrier: sprint

rastarob619 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardrk View Post
Ok here is the deal. I just got done talking to my local RadioShack rep as I am interested in the Evo. He offered to say that my Pro2 if brought in would fetch me about 140 dollars off the price of the Evo. So my questions is... Is there at all any possibility that any of you may think that WinMo 7 Series will made available for us Pro2 geekers? If so I want to keep my Pro2 and still pick up the Evo. But if not ill just trade the thing in...

i dont know what radio shack u went t o but i was told a tp2 in good condition only gets u 33$ and some change of the price of the ev0
Old 06-10-2010, 08:23 PM
PPC Geek's writer
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy 4G
Carrier: tmobile

pixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to pixelpower

Its seems to me the moment a new phone comes out everyone talks about how the current phone sucks or was never good. I guess everyone here has money just to buy the latest hyped up phone. All I got to say is happy shopping!!
Old 06-10-2010, 08:51 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogelio rios View Post
Its seems to me the moment a new phone comes out everyone talks about how the current phone sucks or was never good. I guess everyone here has money just to buy the latest hyped up phone. All I got to say is happy shopping!!
Yeah that's exactly it. Same thing happened on the TP1 when the TP2 launched. Used to be the only issue with the TP1 was the faulty keyboard... then the closer to the TP2 launch, the more things were bad about the TP1.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

wildpig is keeping up the good workwildpig is keeping up the good work

TP1 gps never completely worked for me. Gps keep losing locks on and off after sat acquired. Gps on TP2 been working good since day1. So I don't completely like TP1 compared to Mogul as I am completely liking TP2 over TP1 right now.

I do like the 1Ghz CPU and 4.3inch screen. I don't know if we'll ever see something like HD2 for CDMA w/ wM6.5. I don't care about WM7 because of all the new restrictions. So doesn't matter if it works on TP2 or not.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2