PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 10:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mjh8812 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to mjh8812
Re: Is WinMo7 on Pro2 a Possibility?

why would anyone want Windows mobile 7 on it when it can barely keep up with windows mobile 6.5 and Sense 2.5..it would be like running vista on a celeron with half a gig of ram..
Old 04-27-2010, 10:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogelio rios View Post
Wow thats an incredible answer comming from other developers. Saying that windows phone7 wont run on touchpro2 is amazing. I mean we are all smart people here,right? Has Microsoft fooled everyone that greatly? Wow. Look no matter what anyone says YES the touchpro2 can run WP7 and it would be very useable. I give mega-props to Microsoft for fooling what seems to be everyone. Look Microsoft wants to make you buy the new phones so of course they will make it look out to be that TP2 cant handle WP7 UI. Because people like to ague I wont get into the specs but basically WP7 while having new features added , will have alot of features taken away. Its not as advanced of a ROM as people would like to believe. Reading these comment here has me is in shock. Microsoft isn't that slick , so I think people in thier minds are trying to make it bigger than what it is. I suggest to everyone ,even those who dont like me, to use your head on this one please!! Dont let these greedy companies feed you ridiculous lies.
I look forward to seeing your Windows Phone 7 port.
You know me? I can spot a Swan from a Duck
My approach? Smoother than an Armani tux
Old 04-27-2010, 11:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

THE-COPS is keeping up the good workTHE-COPS is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to THE-COPS

Another thread on WP7 and TP2.. Haha.

How about WP7 on the Motorola Q ... HAHAHA! Now THAT is funny.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

I wouldn't want to see Windows 7 Mobile run on the TP2...the processor already is hurting with 6.5...I can only imagine what it would be like with 7. I already have everything lined up for when I upgrade to the Evo. First off I'm a premier member ($150 off), and my 4th line wants to get a new phone, but doesn't want to pay the full retail price. I told her I would sell her my TP2 for $200...so I've already shaved $350 off towards the Evo, and thats not including the mail in rebate on the phone when its released...so I should be close to $450 or so if they do a $100 rebate...thats all depending on how much Sprint decides to charge for the phone...which is the past anything HTC they tend to make the consumer pay way to much unfortunatly....

But I'm crossing my fingers....and if the rumor of the release date is true I will have a few months to let the hype die down and be able to purchase it without forking out $400+.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:08 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OR78 View Post
LOL How there are responses to this after darren made a quick post saying NO, I don't understand. Wow...LOL
nobody cares what i say
[QUOTE=THE-COPS;1723462]Another thread on WP7 and TP2.. Haha.
but if you say search a bunch of people yell at ya, cant win.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

THE-COPS is keeping up the good workTHE-COPS is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to THE-COPS

So instead of telling people to search, why not just glue something to the top so EVERYONE can see... THEN you can yell if someone decides to post another WP7+TP2 thread. I don't ever tell people to search. ... And thats going off topic. Just ask one of the mods make a sticky about WP7+TP2 Q&A. And ask that users don't clog up the board with repetitive threads about WP7 that they somehow didn't see.

Or are you a mod? Judging by your rep and post count, I would almost assume.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Gotta love how noobies tell ya how to run a board don't ya darren. lmao

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 04-28-2010, 12:48 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogelio rios View Post
Wow thats an incredible answer comming from other developers. Saying that windows phone7 wont run on touchpro2 is amazing. I mean we are all smart people here,right? Has Microsoft fooled everyone that greatly? Wow. Look no matter what anyone says YES the touchpro2 can run WP7 and it would be very useable. I give mega-props to Microsoft for fooling what seems to be everyone. Look Microsoft wants to make you buy the new phones so of course they will make it look out to be that TP2 cant handle WP7 UI. Because people like to ague I wont get into the specs but basically WP7 while having new features added , will have alot of features taken away. Its not as advanced of a ROM as people would like to believe. Reading these comment here has me is in shock. Microsoft isn't that slick , so I think people in thier minds are trying to make it bigger than what it is. I suggest to everyone ,even those who dont like me, to use your head on this one please!! Dont let these greedy companies feed you ridiculous lies.
our phones can't even run sense 2.5 smoothly.
that's like putting windows 7 on my 10year old gateway. will it install, probably, will it take 5 minutes to open something? definitely.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vintercept™
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

Only 128mb of RAM needed?
http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=15379

I am thinking this is KIN, maybe we could run that on TP2
Old 04-28-2010, 03:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Samsung Epic

JHComputerGuy is keeping up the good workJHComputerGuy is keeping up the good work

the question was whether wm7 will work on tp2.. the answer is as of now no, and that was posted on the 2nd and 3rd posts.. these threads should not even get this far.. to keep threads on subject, go to forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119324 and state your opinions and beliefs there..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2