PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   HELP! Stock VZW ROM = data, but no voice? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119398)

redlegend 04-27-2010 02:51 PM

HELP! Stock VZW ROM = data, but no voice?

Hey everyone, I'm really sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, and I swear I looked, but I'm kind of panicked.

I unlocked long ago, have been running NRGZ ROMs since, never a problem. This morning I downloaded the stock VZW ROM from the Stock ROMs thread, flashed it, updated programming and now I can get data just fine (email syncing, IE ok), but no voice WHATSOEVER. I can't call out (VZW can't verify...) nor call in. It rings for a second, shows up on the phone for a second, and then drops the call.

I'm absolutely lost and desperate to have voice back. Everyone's always been really helpful so I'm hoping someone can help me out of this jam.

I have the VZW TP2, the VZW Radio, and tried the VZW ROM. What am I missing? TIA.

willyjay 04-27-2010 03:09 PM

Re: HELP! Stock VZW ROM = date, but no voice?

You could try and re-download the VZW stock 6.5 update from here and see if it helps

http://www.pcdphones.com/phone_downl...erizonWireless

burtonsnow8 04-27-2010 03:35 PM

Nothing is wrong don't worry. Try dialing **22889

If that doesn't work try #832

If all of those don't work for you call verizon and tell them after activating your phone you are unable to send and receive calls.

redlegend 04-27-2010 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burtonsnow8 (Post 1722577)
Nothing is wrong don't worry. Try dialing **22889

If that doesn't work try #832

If all of those don't work for you call verizon and tell them after activating your phone you are unable to send and receive calls.

Do you mean *22899 for updating the programming? I did that a couple times, nada.

#832 does the same thing: rings for a minute and then says "we cannot authenticate your phone"

I'll call VZW if the next thing or 2 don't work, but I just don't get it. I've flashed a million times, but when trying to go back to stock I get this? Oy.

burtonsnow8 04-27-2010 05:07 PM

I experience this issue when I flash dance (and especially when I switch back to the stock ROM during the flash dance process). Every time it has happened and none of those solutions worked I would call VZW, tell them I cannot receive or send calls after programming and all is back to normal.

redlegend 04-27-2010 07:10 PM

After all attempts, I had to call VZW and go through the standard troubleshooting before I got the techy tech's who helped me input a new Authentication number. After that, all was well. Apparently in the process of flashing to the stock VZW ROM listed in the Stock ROM thread, the original authentication number got erased.

Thanks all for the input, I always appreciate the community's help. My hands have ceased shaking ;)

willyjay 04-27-2010 07:22 PM

Re: HELP! Stock VZW ROM = data, but no voice?

Glad it worked out for you....usually, if you need to re-authenticate, it tells you when you try to make a call?!

burtonsnow8 04-27-2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willyjay (Post 1723022)
usually, if you need to re-authenticate, it tells you when you try to make a call?!

I think he stated that when he said:

Quote:

I can't call out (VZW can't verify...) nor call in.

Congrats on getting your phone working :)

willyjay 04-27-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burtonsnow8 (Post 1723030)
I think he stated that when he said:

Congrats on getting your phone working :)

Usually when I need to re-authenticate, it will tell you to call *8877 or 7788 or something like that when you try to make a call. I didn't get that from the op's post, sorry if I missed interpreted.