PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 06:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/800w/HTC TP/TP2/HD2
Carrier: Sprint/Tmobile

Improve is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Improve
Re: TP2 the last Sprint WinMo 6.x device!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by piranah View Post
Yea, with 6.5 dying, and no longer being "officially" supported (PPC and XDA are more official to me than an actual Microsoft release) there will not be any further 6.5 phones. I hate the look of Win 7, looks unfinished, and too "gamey" not as business and straight forward as id like. I havent tried android further than booting on my TP2 and messing around with a Moment in the store. But i like it, and seems more customizable than Win 7.

It sucks that its dying, but I know i will be getting an EVO when it drops, and hopefully somebody can port win 6.5 to it.
Unfortunately Android OS runs on the Linux Kernel, and it would be very difficult to run Windows Mobile on Linux.

Many people have run Linux on Windows Mobile platform, but Linux on Windows Mobile OS is very unlikely.

I would love to be proven wrong though, as I too would love to run WM on the Sprint EVO. Maybe someone very gifted who knows much more about this subject may be able to accomplish this, but for now my friends its a no-go.

Last edited by Improve; 04-28-2010 at 09:00 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2