PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 09:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
sprint stock 6.5 issues lately.

I think in the last 24 hours every system program has crashed on me at least once. I factory defaulted same issue grr getting sick of seeing the error reporting screen anyone else having this issue?
Old 04-27-2010, 09:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff
Re: sprint stock 6.5 issues lately.

Turn off Error reporting screen and you wont have to see it. Also have you installed cabs since installing the 6.5 rom? If so I recommend you uninstall them and see if that helps. Some of them work well on 6.1, but not 6.5...I installed a few cabs and my battery life went to crap...since then I did a hard reset and my phone seems to keep a decent charge now.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
Turn off Error reporting screen and you wont have to see it. Also have you installed cabs since installing the 6.5 rom? If so I recommend you uninstall them and see if that helps. Some of them work well on 6.1, but not 6.5...I installed a few cabs and my battery life went to crap...since then I did a hard reset and my phone seems to keep a decent charge now.

well it happened right after I did my hard reset grrr wonder if I need to redownload and reflash and yeah I turned off error reporting as soon as I woke up lol
Old 04-27-2010, 01:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Yeah, I would probably recommend flashing the ROM again, but once you've done so and windows boots for the first time, shut the phone off...then press the Send + End Key plus the power button at the top of the phone, your screen will show like 4 different colors, fallow the onscreen instructions. This is a hard reset, after a fresh install and is recommended by a lot of people here in the forums.....Hopefully that will help you out a bit...
Old 04-28-2010, 12:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

aTmBonfire is a n00b

Can you mention how to turn off error reporting? Thanks.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:41 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

might want to run task29 and then reinstall 6.5. that will completely clear the phone of everything but the radio. you can find it in the custom ROMs section, maybe page2 at the farthest.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

aTmBonfire is a n00b

Nevermind. I think I found it:
settings->Updates&Feedback->Error reporting.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
might want to run task29 and then reinstall 6.5. that will completely clear the phone of everything but the radio. you can find it in the custom ROMs section, maybe page2 at the farthest.
Reinstalling the ROM does task29 btw, so no need to download it and run it.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S / Epic 4g

KaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to KaliS

it seems that i get a lot of freezing with wm 6.5 as well. im going to try reinstalling it and giving a hard reset to see if it solves the problem.

has anyone else had the problem with freezing, sorry if it has been mentioned already on the forum....but i didn't see it talked about.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I have stock 6.5 and it is running perfectly (happy as a clam). I did resist installing the tweaks etc. that I had with 6.1.... there seem to be a lot of problems Ask if you need to know about what my set-up looks like... I did cautiously install maybe about 6-7 cabs mostly to get the 1% battery changes and a better task bar. That was tricky.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2