PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   sprint stock 6.5 issues lately. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119365)

ajac 04-27-2010 09:11 AM

sprint stock 6.5 issues lately.

I think in the last 24 hours every system program has crashed on me at least once. I factory defaulted same issue grr getting sick of seeing the error reporting screen anyone else having this issue?

ChrisH09 04-27-2010 09:19 AM

Re: sprint stock 6.5 issues lately.

Turn off Error reporting screen and you wont have to see it. Also have you installed cabs since installing the 6.5 rom? If so I recommend you uninstall them and see if that helps. Some of them work well on 6.1, but not 6.5...I installed a few cabs and my battery life went to crap...since then I did a hard reset and my phone seems to keep a decent charge now.

ajac 04-27-2010 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisH09 (Post 1721763)
Turn off Error reporting screen and you wont have to see it. Also have you installed cabs since installing the 6.5 rom? If so I recommend you uninstall them and see if that helps. Some of them work well on 6.1, but not 6.5...I installed a few cabs and my battery life went to crap...since then I did a hard reset and my phone seems to keep a decent charge now.

well it happened right after I did my hard reset grrr wonder if I need to redownload and reflash and yeah I turned off error reporting as soon as I woke up lol

ChrisH09 04-27-2010 01:09 PM

Yeah, I would probably recommend flashing the ROM again, but once you've done so and windows boots for the first time, shut the phone off...then press the Send + End Key plus the power button at the top of the phone, your screen will show like 4 different colors, fallow the onscreen instructions. This is a hard reset, after a fresh install and is recommended by a lot of people here in the forums.....Hopefully that will help you out a bit...

aTmBonfire 04-28-2010 12:35 PM

Can you mention how to turn off error reporting? Thanks.

nrfitchett4 04-28-2010 12:41 PM

might want to run task29 and then reinstall 6.5. that will completely clear the phone of everything but the radio. you can find it in the custom ROMs section, maybe page2 at the farthest.

aTmBonfire 04-28-2010 12:45 PM

Nevermind. I think I found it:
settings->Updates&Feedback->Error reporting.

ChrisH09 04-28-2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 (Post 1724230)
might want to run task29 and then reinstall 6.5. that will completely clear the phone of everything but the radio. you can find it in the custom ROMs section, maybe page2 at the farthest.

Reinstalling the ROM does task29 btw, so no need to download it and run it.

KaliS 04-28-2010 03:42 PM

it seems that i get a lot of freezing with wm 6.5 as well. im going to try reinstalling it and giving a hard reset to see if it solves the problem.

has anyone else had the problem with freezing, sorry if it has been mentioned already on the forum....but i didn't see it talked about.

jerryyyyy 04-28-2010 04:33 PM

I have stock 6.5 and it is running perfectly (happy as a clam). I did resist installing the tweaks etc. that I had with 6.1.... there seem to be a lot of problems Ask if you need to know about what my set-up looks like... I did cautiously install maybe about 6-7 cabs mostly to get the 1% battery changes and a better task bar. That was tricky.