PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2010, 06:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

YnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rom Backup Question

I know that using Sprite backup you are not supposed to back up the entire thing when switching between different roms, but what if i were to back up a rom, flash to to another rom, find out i dont like it, then reflash to the one i had before (following a stock flash)..
theoretically, this should be ok right? I just dont wanna mess anything up. Has anyone tried this or had any experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenscivic View Post
On a side note, I told my fiance what I was doing and she said I am officially a nerd, so I punched her in the ovaries and screamed out "Ppcgeeks ROCKS!"
Old 05-06-2010, 06:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
Re: Rom Backup Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by YnYng View Post
I know that using Sprite backup you are not supposed to back up the entire thing when switching between different roms, but what if i were to back up a rom, flash to to another rom, find out i dont like it, then reflash to the one i had before (following a stock flash)..
theoretically, this should be ok right? I just dont wanna mess anything up. Has anyone tried this or had any experience?
I use SPB Backup on my roms. Whenever I want to return to a previous rom ... I simply reflash the basic rom system, and then apply the backup that I previously made. Have done it many times ...
Old 05-06-2010, 06:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

YnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

sweeeeet. i just wasnt sure if it would cause a problem or not. I remember doing it on mightyrom love a looooong time ago, and I ended up hard-resetting, but maybe that was a one-time deal. you've been thanked!
Old 05-06-2010, 06:35 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

so your saying ur running a rom, back it up with Sprite and then switch roms. Then switch back to the first rom and restore using Sprite? if you do hard resets and flash a task 29 you should be fine. just make sure its the exact same rom, if you redownload a rom, then you might have issues

Help Me Help You
Old 05-06-2010, 06:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

yup, itll be the same one for sure. have any of you actually tried this?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2