PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2010, 03:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

newkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Getting Bored With TP2??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
We crazy? Sorry but installing new ROM's doesn't improve how Windows Mobile is. Like I said in my earlier post....Windows Mobile doesn't have jack out there other than tweaks and Cooked ROM's....and to me that just doesn't cut it. Yeah, you may be able to install cabs to the new rom, and get rid of junk but does it really enhance the device anymore than the previous? I really don't think so. Apps for Windows Mobile are few and far between....and most of them that I've looked for are really old, and lackluster. I don't know of any barcode scanner software for the TP2 or Windows Mobile, I also don't see police lights app that I have searched for....But the Android App store has both...and they run great on Android Devices.

Android is gaining on the Apple App store...if you read the post on the main page of PPCgeeks you'll notice Android apps store is predicted to surpass the Apple App store in the future at its current rate... The Interface of Android is much more pleasing, less clunky.

Oh and by creating a new ROM or downloading a new ROM that's un official your actually voiding your phones warranty....Yeah, there are ways of locking your phone but why take the risk? Is it that much better by changing skins, hacking the registry? You shouldn't have to do that to a OS...

HTC Evo here I come!
and i requote. you want android? download a file and put it on your windows mobile phone. lets see the android do anything even similar.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: IPhone 4G to Iphone 5
Carrier: Sprint PCS

BBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuff
Re: Getting Bored With TP2??

Quote:
Originally Posted by newkidd View Post
man yalls is crazy! ive had my TP2 since sprint released it and ive never been happier with it. so you have lost the desire to search for "new" stuff. there are brand new roms released every day. have you tried emulators? you cannot honestly tell me you have played every single snes game.

if you are bored with it, start making a custom rom. rstoyguy has an excellent thread that explains the ins and outs of making a rom here. you can practically use anybody's kitchen and work on cooking up something fun.

just my 2 cents.

Yeah @ one point a long time ago i felt like you do. but eventually youre going to reach a point where you've tried all the good/ highly rated roms. a lot of roms you find out there are not even halfway decent/stable. And if your like me, you cant be without your phone or missing calls, losing contacts,etc because of the phone crashing from a unstable rom. And once you find a rom that truely works for you then you wont even bother to flash anything else because its a 95% chance it wont be worth it. I would have to agree, that I am bored with the phone too... its just not exciting anymore. i think we've discovered most of its capabilities.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: SS Galaxy S3
Carrier: VZ

sunNsnow is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50430; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Yes I'm a little bored with the phone. I also have a fairly short attention span for these things. However, I can't say there's another smartphone on the horizon that will make jump ship any time soon.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2