PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

TLJester is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Getting Bored With TP2??

Totally agree.
My wife has a Moment and I love it - lots of customizing and apps can be had.
And things just work well.
Going to jump ship a soon as Sprint get a decent model (I would prefer slide out keyboard)
Old 04-27-2010, 11:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

too bad you can't use a SlingBox with android.

~John
Old 04-27-2010, 12:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by newkidd View Post
man yalls is crazy! ive had my TP2 since sprint released it and ive never been happier with it. so you have lost the desire to search for "new" stuff. there are brand new roms released every day. have you tried emulators? you cannot honestly tell me you have played every single snes game.

if you are bored with it, start making a custom rom. rstoyguy has an excellent thread that explains the ins and outs of making a rom here. you can practically use anybody's kitchen and work on cooking up something fun.

just my 2 cents.
We crazy? Sorry but installing new ROM's doesn't improve how Windows Mobile is. Like I said in my earlier post....Windows Mobile doesn't have jack out there other than tweaks and Cooked ROM's....and to me that just doesn't cut it. Yeah, you may be able to install cabs to the new rom, and get rid of junk but does it really enhance the device anymore than the previous? I really don't think so. Apps for Windows Mobile are few and far between....and most of them that I've looked for are really old, and lackluster. I don't know of any barcode scanner software for the TP2 or Windows Mobile, I also don't see police lights app that I have searched for....But the Android App store has both...and they run great on Android Devices.

Android is gaining on the Apple App store...if you read the post on the main page of PPCgeeks you'll notice Android apps store is predicted to surpass the Apple App store in the future at its current rate... The Interface of Android is much more pleasing, less clunky.

Oh and by creating a new ROM or downloading a new ROM that's un official your actually voiding your phones warranty....Yeah, there are ways of locking your phone but why take the risk? Is it that much better by changing skins, hacking the registry? You shouldn't have to do that to a OS...

HTC Evo here I come!

Last edited by ChrisH09; 04-27-2010 at 12:59 PM. Reason: grammer correction.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:27 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLJester View Post
Totally agree.
My wife has a Moment and I love it - lots of customizing and apps can be had.
And things just work well.
Going to jump ship a soon as Sprint get a decent model (I would prefer slide out keyboard)
Not familiar with Android... But I have seen alot of them being flashed in front of my face... I haven't seen much customization though. Do you meaan rearanging the icons and putting them on different pages? I'm curious... Cus I've seen many TP2's and no 2 look alike.
Just wondering. Maybe I'll go poke around in the Android forum.
p.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:28 PM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
I also don't see police lights app that I have searched for....!
LOL, that is the kind of lame stuff I expect from the iphone users I work with........

~John
Old 04-27-2010, 08:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Giovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to Giovanny
Thumbs up Re: Getting Bored With TP2??

Well not me because of the ability to plug any headphones and the mic still works it's awesome, able to flash and have your custom looks, I have a car with cassett player where I can just plug my TP2 with a jack and jam to youtube music videos or be able to listen to my conversation instead of bluetooth just plug to the speakers of my car and still talk, able to sync pictures from FB to my contacts, and probably many more options that I love. Is any one else with me???

Giovanny
Old 04-27-2010, 08:38 PM
VIP Member

I still LOVE my TP2.

I wouldn't mind having a multi-touch screen like my ipod touch, but I can't really think of anything else I would change.

Hell, I love upgrading phones as much as anybody but at this time I don't see any other phone I want (I would buy an HD2 if I could, but that's not available on VZ & I will never switch carriers again)

~John

Last edited by jmorton10; 04-27-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:48 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:

Oh and by creating a new ROM or downloading a new ROM that's un official your actually voiding your phones warranty....Yeah, there are ways of locking your phone but why take the risk? Is it that much better by changing skins, hacking the registry? You shouldn't have to do that to a OS...

HTC Evo here I come!
So just to play devils advocate here, when you get the EVO with Android are you going to run it completely stock, not download any programs or change any backgrounds or adjust any settings or root the device? not trying to be degrading or anything like that just would like to know because it sounds like from what you are saying is that changing anything at all is bad?

I think WM is by far the most sophisticated device out on the market because of flexibility. and as far as apps go I am sure most of us know about handango.com and places like that, so WM having a low app store is just crap in my opinion.

Just my thoughts.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sensation 4G

tacotoy is becoming a great contributor

need a change???? load rhobuntu.... holy crap that is an eye opener for what the phone can do.... i wouldn't trade winmo though, i have no problem playing with all the different features, and i use my phone constantly for work. i can't make an android phone work the way i need it to for my day to day use, if you can then more power to ya
Old 05-06-2010, 02:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

newkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
We crazy? Sorry but installing new ROM's doesn't improve how Windows Mobile is. Like I said in my earlier post....Windows Mobile doesn't have jack out there other than tweaks and Cooked ROM's....and to me that just doesn't cut it. Yeah, you may be able to install cabs to the new rom, and get rid of junk but does it really enhance the device anymore than the previous? I really don't think so. Apps for Windows Mobile are few and far between....and most of them that I've looked for are really old, and lackluster. I don't know of any barcode scanner software for the TP2 or Windows Mobile, I also don't see police lights app that I have searched for....But the Android App store has both...and they run great on Android Devices.

Android is gaining on the Apple App store...if you read the post on the main page of PPCgeeks you'll notice Android apps store is predicted to surpass the Apple App store in the future at its current rate... The Interface of Android is much more pleasing, less clunky.

HTC Evo here I come!

haha you complain about hacking the registry? do you even use windows? the registry gets "hacked" every time you change your background, etc. only difference is someone else does the work for you. I mean if you would rather have a toy than a phone, be my guest.

in order to unlock your phones maximum potentials, you have to "hack" the phone itself. want anything awesome on the android? you have to root it. want your iphone to do all this crazy cool stuff? jailbreak it.

all phone providers do is limit their phones capabilities so you are forced to buy the next greatest thing just for that capability.

you want a barcode scanner or a police light flasher? you'll use it for maybe a month and delete it. so arguments are moot. if you make a custom rom, you can make your phone do whatever you want. plus you can have something nobody else has.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2