PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 11:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Shortcut request or help

I would really like to be able to create a shortcut to toggle "On battery power: Turn screen off after..." So, obviously it would be a shortcut to change the registry value...I don't care about making sure it has a "pretty" icon as I would map it to a hard key. Does anyone know how I would go about doing this or maybe someone could whip it up for me

Thanks
Old 04-27-2010, 01:45 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP
Re: Shortcut request or help

isn't that already in the battery settings? or are you wanting a cab to be able to change that value? why would you want to change it?
there is a cab that keeps screen on when ran, then you close it when you are done.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:46 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Yeah, just tap on your battery icon to bring up power settings and select the advanced tab and you should be there.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Threadstarter

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Shortcut request or help

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
there is a cab that keeps screen on when ran, then you close it when you are done.
The one where you select which apps "keep the screen awake?"

The battery icon only goes to the battery information ("select to disable charging when connected to usb" area)

I would like, at times, to disable the screen shut-off when I'm doing certain things. It's not app specific, just certain times. However, currently, the only way I know to "uncheck" this is to either go to (Sense) settings, Sound and Display, Backlight or Windows, System, Settings, Power, backlight...what I want is to set it up as a hard key...example, double tap "Back" disables screen shut off. Make sense?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2