PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 04:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (6.1)
Carrier: Verizon

cdness is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Zagg InvisiShield Issues - Touchscreen not Responding

Hi All,

Any recommendations on how to fix an issue where after about 24 hours of application of a Zagg InvisiShield, my touchscreen stops responding...

If I take the protector off the screen works fine. I have already attempted to install a second screen and the same thing happened about 24 hours after application...

I submitted the question to Zagg but figured I'd try here too and see if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks!
Curtis
Old 04-26-2010, 05:29 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP
Re: Zagg InvisiShield Issues - Touchscreen not Responding

i don't think you are the first to complain of this. search zagg in the advanced search for title only and you'll find some other threads. maybe you can get some ideas of what to do.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/search.php?searchid=9062273

Old 04-26-2010, 05:51 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

cdness is a n00b

Most of the ones in the search are basically arguments over why each brand of screen protector sucks the worst...lol. I know they are never perfect, but I have never seen one make the screen stop working...

Any ideas?
Old 04-26-2010, 06:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

I haven't had a problem with mine. They've always worked as advertised (even better really) and I really can't imagine how this could be related to the screen to stop responding.
Maybe they got water/solution in the screen while applying it?
Old 04-26-2010, 06:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo
Carrier: Sprint

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

loved iphone one but this kind of thread scares me to try one for tp2.

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609
Old 04-26-2010, 06:52 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

I've had my Zagg screen protector on since I got it one week after I got the phone and have never had an issue with screen sensitivity. I'd get a screen protector from the Verizon store and see if you get the same issue and if you do, ask a Verizon rep to look at your phone. It just seems weird.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 04-26-2010, 07:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

It took me two days to rip off a zag screen saver & throw it in the garbage.

I use Brando, Steinheil or Boxwave now.

~John
Old 04-27-2010, 09:45 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

cdness is a n00b

Hey All,

it looks like the rep got solution (soapy water) between the touchscreen and the LCD. The TP2 touch panel is held on by some really crappy glue on the edges that is really easy to peel back. I took some packing tape and attached it to the spot on the side of the screen that looked like the had the liquid. By pulling up on the tape a little the screen started working. So i peeled the screen back a little and cleaned off the LCD. It seems to work now.

So now that the InvisiSHIELD has been removed from the phone to try getting it working again I am off to get a warranty replacement. I'l be very careful putting it on this time as the store rep didn't seem to be very careful with the solution...

So just to say it, the InvisiSHIELD wasn't the issue, the installer was...

Thanks for the help!

Curtis
Old 04-27-2010, 01:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdness View Post
Hey All,

it looks like the rep got solution (soapy water) between the touchscreen and the LCD. The TP2 touch panel is held on by some really crappy glue on the edges that is really easy to peel back. I took some packing tape and attached it to the spot on the side of the screen that looked like the had the liquid. By pulling up on the tape a little the screen started working. So i peeled the screen back a little and cleaned off the LCD. It seems to work now.

So now that the InvisiSHIELD has been removed from the phone to try getting it working again I am off to get a warranty replacement. I'l be very careful putting it on this time as the store rep didn't seem to be very careful with the solution...

So just to say it, the InvisiSHIELD wasn't the issue, the installer was...

Thanks for the help!

Curtis
Good to hear. Just FYI...9/10 times the reps at stores will spray the crap out of your phone with that solution, which Zagg "Doesn't" recommend you do. The proper way to apply the screen protector is to wet your hands with the solution, then apply the solution to the screen protector itself, stick side. The screen protector now comes with a spung like solution thingy...istead of spray so there shouldn't be massive amounts of solution everywhere. Install, dab phone and screen to remove excess solution, let phone sit for 12-24hrs before you. Done, everything should work.

There have been multiple complaints about this issue, and reps doing the installation incorrectly....sometimes causing damage to the device. No need to pay them 5-10 dollars more when you can do the job yourself and know that you did it right.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:34 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

cdness is a n00b

yeah I sent their warranty email a request to have them eat the shipping charges since the rep messed up my phone. FYI I found out that it also got between the touch panel and the top plastic layer, causing a touchscreen hot-spot so the phone still doesn't work right. I think it's the least they can do since I am now waiting for a Verizon replacement phone...

Nothing against Zagg for sure but I will NEVER recommend the store at the Mall of America anymore.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2