PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 03:59 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik
Re: ****DISCUSSION: WM 6, 6.1, 6.5, 6.5.x, 7 opinions, KEEP OTHER THREADS ON SUBJECT*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmeunier View Post
SWEET!!!!!! only 6 posts in and already off topic..... must be some sort of a record!!!!!
But isn't this the "Off-Topic" Topic thread...? We get off-topic in here, so all the othr threads stay on topic!!!

Just sayin...
Old 05-23-2010, 05:00 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff
Re: ****DISCUSSION: WM 6, 6.1, 6.5, 6.5.x, 7 opinions, KEEP OTHER THREADS ON SUBJECT*

Personally, I think it's going to flop. Win7 is not only ugly, win7 for regular pc's arent even compatible with most offices and those that rely on employee's to access information.

It might bode well for them not to bitch about reverse engineering of win 7 to keep win popular with users. Giving the advanvces of other OS's out there, I think it would be against microsoft to fight keeping their phone alive. Im not saying that winmo phones will ever dissapear, but doesnt seem like they are keeping in step neither. Buying winmo7 you loose a lot of programs untill and when they catch up to everyday users choice of programs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
I don't think it would be, you know how the Mighty M$ always wants it's cut. I am not condoning it just saying. It would be a pretty fine line, but the chances of MS coming and knocking down your front door would be pretty slim. I think that the worst that would happen would be MS makes them take it off the site if they disagreed with it.

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:39 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
Personally, I think it's going to flop. Win7 is not only ugly, win7 for regular pc's arent even compatible with most offices and those that rely on employee's to access information.

It might bode well for them not to bitch about reverse engineering of win 7 to keep win popular with users. Giving the advanvces of other OS's out there, I think it would be against microsoft to fight keeping their phone alive. Im not saying that winmo phones will ever dissapear, but doesnt seem like they are keeping in step neither. Buying winmo7 you loose a lot of programs untill and when they catch up to everyday users choice of programs.
Completely on the same page with you. really I think the survival of WP7 is going to be in advertising and marketing which MS has never been good at. I think if it can be reworked and the ability to create custom ROM for it will be a huge advantage for it.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

wwjclemd is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
But isn't this the "Off-Topic" Topic thread...? We get off-topic in here, so all the othr threads stay on topic!!!

Just sayin...
I think you are correct... This thread is kinda like the black hole of BS/Offtopic/Complaint posts. Hopefully this sucks in all of the useless posts so that other threads can stay on topic.

Great Idea!!!!!

On that note, I HATE SPAM!!!
(Both the meat and the mail)

Oh yea... and I wish I had an afro like this guy-------->
Old 05-27-2010, 01:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
after what i saw the last 2 days out of the Google I/O, MS' mobile prgram is about to take a back seat permanantly..... Google has a far greater vision than MS has ever had... MS isnt careful and theyll lose more than just the mobile phone battle... if they didnt have the windows OS, theyd be gone already IMO
I wrote a blog post on this very subject titled Where is Microsoft?

As I agree with you. Microsoft is missing from every growing market and the way things are shaking up even Windows itself is at risk. Either way, if they loose mobile they are already going to loose the future since that is where almost all tech device growth is expected to be.

They really needed to get Windows Phone 7 right. They dropped the ball hard on it though. I'm a big Microsoft fan, but they just plain dropped the ball here. They can't sell the iPhone with their name on it. They had to compete properly with Google's Android and offer an OS that was powerful for businesses and consumers while supporting OEMs. They just plained messed this one up.

Even if they do get "good" sales they have restricted OEMs so much they will have a strong disincentive to even make Windows Phone 7 hardware at all...

It just seems to me Windows Phone 7 is going to be Microsoft's Vista of the mobile world. Hopefully they can bounce back though and come out with a Windows 7 like OS (much loved) with Windows Phone 8...

It is going to be crazy when I replace my Touch Pro 2 with something that isn't running Windows Mobile on it. Just crazy.
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail
Old 05-27-2010, 08:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Samsung Epic
Threadstarter

JHComputerGuy is keeping up the good workJHComputerGuy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjclemd View Post
I think you are correct... This thread is kinda like the black hole of BS/Offtopic/Complaint posts. Hopefully this sucks in all of the useless posts so that other threads can stay on topic.

Great Idea!!!!!

On that note, I HATE SPAM!!!
(Both the meat and the mail)

Oh yea... and I wish I had an afro like this guy-------->
Exactly!! That is what i had in mind when i started this thread..
Old 05-31-2010, 12:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Samsung Epic
Threadstarter

JHComputerGuy is keeping up the good workJHComputerGuy is keeping up the good work
Re: **BLACK HOLE 4 ANYTHING: WM 6-7, Android, sense, opinions, general gripes, off to

hmmm.. MaxSense just might save Windows Mobile.. Just maybe..
Old 05-31-2010, 12:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

AndroidTroll is keeping up the good workAndroidTroll is keeping up the good work
Re: **BLACK HOLE 4 ANYTHING: WM 6-7, Android, sense, opinions, general gripes, off to

surprise! Windows 7 mobile will work on practically all the current handsets besides the older ones with no qualcomn cpus. It a matter of time when the port happens. Take Android Os as a example. Ppl said it wont work unless its a droid phone but here we are running android at about 90%. All we have to do is start working on it ASAP! Lets all get on our cars and head over to Safeway or your local gvrocery store and start mass purchasing all the tin foil paper we can murtard! And let "Operation Planet x Tin Hat" commence! Once we have enough tin hats we can reach Niburo! And they who speak in lizard tounjge shall show us the wm7 way! lalalallalallalalallallalala!!!
Old 05-31-2010, 09:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 & Moto Droid (wife)
Carrier: VZW

The Machinist is keeping up the good workThe Machinist is keeping up the good work

Do we really need faster processors and more RAM or do we need more efficient software? ...there's something to marinade on... I've been using MaxSense for less than a day and overall performace is blazing fast, and I've got it pretty loaded up with a bunch of crap. Sure its buggy, its the first freaking release! Now I'm asking myself is there anything these dev's can't do?! ...well I haven't seen an attempt to port the iPhony os yet...of course who would want that crap?!
Old 05-31-2010, 08:34 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

We sell boxes!!!

^ to keep up the randomness of the thread...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2