PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2010, 07:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: SS Galaxy S3
Carrier: VZ

sunNsnow is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[Solved] #777 Network Data Failure (Codes 8 & 11)

This all started when I installed Mr. X's 4-22-10 ROM (was using CFay 2.0 prior). My phone stopped working on VZW's network: no calls, no texts, no data. I reinstalled CFay's ROM, thinking this would help. It didn't.

I cleared the memory after each ROM install.

VZW tech support "flipped a switch" because my phone showed up as inactive in their system. Now voice and text works, but no data.

I have both HardSPL and Olipro's SIM unlock on the phone and was running the 2.32 WU version of the antenna.

I am now using VZW's stock 6.1 and did a memory clean, too.

I've tried entering in my user name and password (phone number@vzw3g.com and vzw) into the #777 connection setting, but it never saves it even though I press "Finish". The user name and passwords for #777 remains blank all the time.

I even programmed my own modem connection using #777, entering the user name and password as mentioned before, it still errors out.

VZW's tech support told me to take the phone in to the store and have their technicians work on it.

I hope someone here can help before I do so since I paid for the SIM unlock and don't wish to do so again.

Help!

Update:
I deleted "Verizon Wireless" connection from the phone.

Added a new modem connection named "vzw 2" -- cellular connection -- #777 -- username: [telephone #]@vzw3g.com -- password: vzw.

Switched my number to my old phone and went out using the old phone.

Switched my number back to the TP2.

Fired up Opera and waited to see what happened. The phone asked me for the #777 password again. I entered vzw and checked off the box to remember the password, then hit OK.

Going to reinstall Cfay 2.0 rom again. Crossing fingers data connection holds.

---
sunNsnow

Last edited by sunNsnow; 04-25-2010 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Solved
Old 04-25-2010, 11:27 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

sunNsnow is a n00b
Re: [Solved] #777 Network Data Failure (Codes 8 & 11)

I spoke too soon :/ Once I installed CFay 2.0, the data errors return. For some reason, internet works great with stock 6.1 and 1.88 WV (not "U") radio.

I tried the mdn fix (didn't work) and ##778 (nothing happened other than a recorded message that Verizon could not connect to the number).

I remember seeing a Windows communication error message after the install of MrX's rom. I was in the process of installling my programs. I believe whatever happened then was what caused all of this.

Does this error have anything to do with the WU radio?
Old 04-26-2010, 09:11 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Did you do *228 option 1 after the flash.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:32 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Error codes 8 and 11 mean the device is not authenticating on there evdo network. 2 options here. 1) you did not pay your bill and they have deactivated your service. 2) they screwed up and deactivated your service. either way when they turn your service back on you will have to pull the battery to allow it to re-authenticate on the EVDO network. Roms don't cause Error 8 or 11 (Service not activated) errors, the network causes this error.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Sounds like a hung data session to me. Best practice is to turn off your phone radio for a few minutes before flashing a ROM. Wait 2-3 mins, then do the flash. I've never had this problem again on VZW or Sprint ever since a VZW data tech told me to do that once (after several tier 1 support folks were telling me my phone was bricked).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

barfly is becoming a great contributor

This happened to me also when I flashed MR 3.23.10 release. I flashed back to VZW 6.5 stock.

I had same issue where no phone/text/data. I called VZW support (I got pushed up to lvl2 support). They had me go into the #778# menu and start updating a LOT of settings (NAM, SID, etc..). This allowed me to have phone/text as you indicated but still stupid 777 prompt/error.

I called back into VZW support and spoke to another lvl 2 tech and they told me they simply "sent a refresh" to my phone and I soft reset and had data again w/ no changes needed.

Good luck.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:50 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

sunNsnow is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
2) they screwed up and deactivated your service. either way when they turn your service back on you will have to pull the battery to allow it to re-authenticate on the EVDO network. Roms don't cause Error 8 or 11 (Service not activated) errors, the network causes this error.
I can attest to Verizon messing up: first they switched me to the exchange data plan this month, which I caught and asked them switch me back to my original data plan. A week later this happens and my phone has been "deactivated" according to a level 2 technician. (I pay them on time, so stopping service due to nonpayment is not an issue).

I finally got Cfay 2.0 up and running today. I initially received a connection error but it seems to have stopped.

I have yet to install 2.32 WU radio on it (still running 1.88WV). I'll try that when I have more time, just in case this all goes bad again

Thanks for everyone's help!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2